Official Summer 2016 Transfer Rumours Megathread

33 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I think 4-4-2 is here to stay, following the arrival of Fletcher. Carlos always maintained Hooper was his first choice striker. I can't see that changing 6 months after DC bought Hooper for Carlos. 

Had it been McCormack instead of Fletcher, then I'd have said 4-3-3 all the way. Now I'm hoping for an orthodox winger to arrive rather than McCormack. 

Considering Fletcher has primarily been used as a lone central striker, I think 433/451 is now very much on the table. Especially in the tougher games to give us that extra man in central midfield.

Agree an orthodox winger would be useful. Mcmanaman would be ideal and allow Wallace to occasionally operate on the left.

29 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Another gem off twitsville..

FL Agent ‏@FCRumour
BREAKING: Aston Villa are preparing a £13m double swoop for #swfc duo Barry Bannan and Fernando Forestieri #avfc

They can go roger off. 

Guest wilyfox
46 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Considering Fletcher has primarily been used as a lone central striker, I think 433/451 is now very much on the table. Especially in the tougher games to give us that extra man in central midfield.

..and do what with Hooper?

Carlos: "Dejphon, you know the striker I wanted that we chased for months as my first choice, and you kindly spent millions to buy him for me..?"

Dejphon: "Yes, you mean Hooper?"

Carlos: "Sorry about that."

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..and do what with Hooper?

Carlos: "Dejphon, you know the striker I wanted that we chased for months as my first choice, and you kindly spent millions to buy him for me..?"

Dejphon: "Yes, you mean Hooper?"

Carlos: "Sorry about that."

Bloody hell he doesn't have to start every single game. He didn't at Norwich and they managed fine.

2 hours ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

As I said before, I'm basing it on the fact that there's much more to FF's game than Hooper's.

FF's workrate is on a completely different level, he's quicker, he's strong, he'll run in behind, he'll drop deep and create, he can dribble past players and he only needs a second to pull the trigger. He's very much a modern forward in the Suarez, Aguero mould imo. 

And despite what holmowl and the other dinosaurs on here think, stats aren't everything.

Brontosaurus here.

Hooper and Fletcher should be a fabulous pairing, allowing FF to work his magic from the left, and Bannan central.

Sounds wonderful.

Guest wilyfox
19 minutes ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Bloody hell he doesn't have to start every single game. He didn't at Norwich and they managed fine.

Ahh so you want 4-3-3 for special occasions? 

Guest wilyfox

Carlos played 4-4-2 for much of the season. If he changes it, fair play. Have my doubts though. I'd have thought Fletcher was hand-picked as an ideal strike partner for Hooper. Both strong finishers with complementary styles. Just need to ensure we create enough for them. 

38 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Did you go to the Cardiff game or do you you have selective amnesia :columbo:

To be fair, that was perhaps his only good game in that end of season run. I'm not knocking him, but if he's not performing, he should get left out like any other player. I do agree with Wily, I think we'll stick with 4-4-2, and I do think Fletcher has been brought in to get the best out of Hooper. When Joao and Matias are up to speed, it might then be a different matter

Edited by gurujuan

Can't see how the new £15m McCormack would be true. Why would we do that when we could've had him for £12m with the release cause. If still interested, then it should only be because we can get him for less surely....

Mind you at least the rumours, not matte how unlikely, are more often than not exciting these days compared to bygone years!! 

Surely we should try and get Ziyech now we have Fletcher? Showing we really are going for it this year even if it is unlikely we will get him. Twente are in a bit of trouble at the moment and Ziyech has said he wants a move to England.

He's only slightly smaller than Fletcher too so it's not like we're adding another tiny player to our squad. He can play out wide too so he would be a ticket to the top 2 imo.