Unfair priority system

no problem richie you have a season ticket and the club say you can buy a ticket for whoever you want ...for what its worth so do i

but i would'nt use it for someone who hasnt been for a number of years.....but we are all different and you have done nothing wrong

but there was no need in my opinion for the "suck my balls" to someone who as been more often and may well miss out ....

You have misunderstood who i was saying 'suck my balls' too, i was saying it to people who are moaning about this, NOT people who have been to more games than the person im bringing, im sure they will all get a ticket anyway tbh. But to me the people moaning knew for big games they would need some sort of priority and still didn't bother to at least get a membership, that's my issue.

i wasn't at all boasting to those people who have been more often, just the ones moaning about it, so dont put words in my mouth......or balls  :biggrin:

But he hasn't done that with this system has he? He's said that if you cuddle up and get close to your mates whos a season ticket holder then you can jump ahead of people who attend a lot of games but don't have a ST.

But if you've been to a lot of games but don't have a ST like you mention, then why wouldn't you have a membership?

bigthinrob, on 07 Feb 2016 - 2:10 PM, said:snapback.png

A bit severe, but more or less hits the nail on the head.

The away support which are obviously the already converted is growing week on week. The problem with the away support, isn't the cost of tickets, it's the limit of supply in most cases.

I can't help feeling this will be replicated in a slightly lesser way in respect of home games.

As the product on display improves (as it has done beyond recognition) and the enthusiasm & hype starts to build (as it is starting to do), the cost of tickets will become less & less of a talking point until we get to the point that Blueblood refers to, where, if the current form continues, demand starts to outstrip supply.

Looking at yesterday's result and if we carry on our current home form, this may start to happen sooner rather than later.

When you have a first class product that people want to buy, there is no reason to give it away! 

you believe that 'demand will outstrip supply' at hillsborough???

This from an old thread in February at the pinnacle of the 'cost of tickets' debate.

A lot of posts in this thread were strangely prophetic and in a lot of cases strangely naive.

Who'd have thought it, Demand outstripping supply!!   At Hillsborough of all places!!!

Edited by bigthinrob

Guest Fedor

This from an old thread in February at the pinnacle of the 'cost of tickets' debate.

A lot of posts in this thread were strangely prophetic and in a lot of cases strangely naive.

Who'd have thought it, Demand outstripping supply!! At Hillsborough of all places!!!

It's £20 a ticket Edited by Fedor

It's £20 a ticket

Who'd have thought it, Demand outstripping supply!! At Hillsborough of all places!!!

How much was Cardiff?

You seriously still saying that cost would stop people trying to get tickets at this stage of the season?

I think your genuine feelings are among the few that shine out on on here Trev..You are more than welcome to my client ID mate if you need it

Thank you Andy but i am sorted mate  but it's a generous offer my friend 

People who buy tickets commit to the club so the club repay the commitment by giving them priority. Ok so not everyone can afford the lay out for a season ticket. Buy a membership that won't break the bank and gets you priority over general sale. You'd have got a ticket.

Thank you Andy but i am sorted mate  but it's a generous offer my friend 

No probs Trev..Glad you are sorted

Thats simply how I use my filtration system...You don't paint pictures like you do If you're not an Owls fan..whether you go every week or not.

I fully understand there are folk who have been priced out of games...I fully understand there are fans who can't go because of circumstance...So how do you sort it..from a personal point of view?..You can't really, bar using your feelings...

How do the club sort it?..I dunno that either...

If I had a choice between obtaining a ticket for a fan who had tipped up for a season ticket next year...and a fan who couldn't, but was alongside me in the 70's when it was purgatory...my freebie goes to the 70's lad...I make no f.ookin' excuses for that...nor do I have to.

Hillsborough has been half f.ookin' full all year..and I fully understand theres a fair few can';t afford it...but theres not 25'000 of the f.ookers..is there?

THe bandwagon is rolling..and theres folk tryin' to jump on the bleeder from all over the place...I don't know who they are...neither do the club..

If it goes t*ts up....theres about 15000 will disappear and trot up next time we get close...I don't know who they are...I make my decision on knowing who they f.ookin' aren't

Sitting in an online queue for two hours to buy tickets this morning did seem faintly ridiculous, to be honest. The point at which I started moving backwards in the queue made me start to question my sanity! It's a good job I had a quiet morning at work, otherwise I'd have taught some seriously crap lessons!  :biggrin:

The one thing I don't understand is why they didn't sell one ticket per member following the same offer for season ticket holders over the past five days, before then offering both groups the opportunity to buy a second ticket if this is what they wanted to do. As it is, you had members trying to use their ID to buy single tickets, season ticket holders trying to buy second tickets for a friend, and members trying to buy two tickets per ID, all descending on the creaking online booking system at the same time.

Is it true you fart a lot Andy?

I do get flatulent when the opposition reach our penalty area...and it does increase with the proximity...but I can honestly say ive only sh *t meself twice this year...you ought to have been stood near me when Len Ashurst was in charge...Like Blackburn f.ookin' meadows.....

Sitting in an online queue for two hours to buy tickets this morning did seem faintly ridiculous, to be honest. The point at which I started moving backwards in the queue made me start to question my sanity! It's a good job I had a quiet morning at work, otherwise I'd have taught some seriously crap lessons!  :biggrin:

The one thing I don't understand is why they didn't sell one ticket per member following the same offer for season ticket holders over the past five days, before then offering both groups the opportunity to buy a second ticket if this is what they wanted to do. As it is, you had members trying to use their ID to buy single tickets, season ticket holders trying to buy second tickets for a friend, and members trying to buy two tickets per ID, all descending on the creaking online booking system at the same time.

Exactly what I said at 10.30 this morning.

1st STs, one each. Next Members, one each. Next Additional tickets for both plus tickets for people with enough priority points. Then general sale.

Exactly what I said at 10.30 this morning.

1st STs, one each. Next Members, one each. Next Additional tickets for both plus tickets for people with enough priority points. Then general sale.

Then there ought to be a system where it comes down to questions...asked by a steward or summatt..

Steward ...." What do you think about Jeffers ..son"

Owls fan no 1..."He was involved in the declaration of independance that lead to the formation of the United States"

Owls fan no 2.."Only had to stick his forehead a further 2 inches forward and we wouldn't have gone down"

In goes Owls fan no 2

Steward...."Finish the song...

Hark now hear....."

Owls fan no 1..."A new king born today...and we will.....

In goes Owls fan no 2 again...

Steward

"If colin West was running up to take a penalty..where would be the most advantageous position to be as a Wednesday fan"

Owls fan no 1..."Definately on the Kop..behind the goal to watch the net bulge"

Owls fan no 2..."Five Arches..Herries rd"

In goes no 2 again!!!

Edited by asteener1867

Then there ought to be a system where it comes down to questions...asked by a steward or summatt..

Steward ...." What do you think about Jeffers ..son"

Owls fan no 1..."He was involved in the declaration of independance that lead to the formation of the United States"

Owls fan no 2.."Only had to stick his forehead a further 2 inches forward and we wouldn't have gone down"

In goes Owls fan no 2

Steward...."Finish the song...

Hark now hear....."

Owls fan no 1..."A new king born today...and we will.....

In goes Owls fan no 2 again...

Steward

"If colin West was running up to take a penalty..where would be the most advantageous position to be as a Wednesday fan"

Owls fan no 1..."Definately on the Kop..behind the goal to watch the net bulge"

Owls fan no 2..."Five Arches..Herries rd"

In goes no 2 again!!!

I had to go through all that to be accepted on here as I recall.

One of the questions was summat to do with the 1957 kit design. I nearly joined the MK Dons forum instead for an easier life.