The band

Hoist by your own petard, dnhc.... you seem to consider that proximity to the band equates to 'being sh*t on' . I agree entirely . 

allow me to 'enlighten' you...

it's the cheap seat that are shat upon from above...

the fact that the band is in them, more than likely relates to 'the powers that be' thinking...

we're not having that lot, stick them amongst the proletariat...

hoisted by your own petard, kikka... gary megson

One of the fundamental problems is the kop is no longer a Kop and the new Kop is the West side of the north stand. Consequently the band get away with their arrogant attitude because in my view nobody stands up to them.

Certainly in the 70's and early 80's the residents of the kop would not have needed a steering group or an Internet poll to 'explain' to these clowns that they are not wanted.

Will the band please go! You are not wanted and never have been.Just a sad media trip for a group of no marks who got picked up by the Sun."Adding to the atmosphere" Do one and go. Hopefully to the Dirties. lobbers!)

i cannot understand why some object to the band...

i've never seen any site with as many so proficient at 'blowing their own trumpet', as on here... 

A barely believable response from the biggest 'trumpet blower ' of them all .

Just gave a look at the scenes in the thread entitled 'Incredible scenes at full-time (Video)' - and then try and justify the oft quoted maxim that without the 'band' to 'guide' them Owls fans cannot create any atmosphere.  

and as for your 'biting' response to me . viz...

"allow me to 'enlighten' you...

it's the cheap seat that are shat upon from above...

the fact that the band is in them, more than likely relates to 'the powers that be' thinking...

we're not having that lot, stick them amongst the proletariat...."

that merely reinforces the point I orjginally made.  Why would the 'powers that be' think 'we're not having that lot, stick them amongst the proletariat' ...if the band were such a desirable asset  ?

Now would be a great time for them to f##k off actually when we are pretty much invincible at home and finally making our own racket again...Need some of our lads masquarading as security outside just "not letting em in" every home game until they get the message!! Oh and if any of the band are reading this....pleeeease f##k off!!!..you were actually quite relevant and even mildly amusing 20 years ago but now can only equate you lot as the equivalent to 'Last of the Summer Wine" on tele....went on for bloody years too long...and now just irrelevant and tbh boring and beyond annoying!!!!....so there!

Band kills home atmosphere.

Yet the club officially laud our away support, which is very noisy and sings in abundance.

Hmmmm......

PAH!

the away support is so noisy because it is the very core of our support concentrated in to a relatively small area, the same 5000 spread around Hillsborough dilutes it, its nothing to do with the band. Half the time the noisy bit of the North is singing something completely different to the noisy bit of the Kop and the south is too busy rubbing their squashed knees and eating prawns.

Guest oasisowl81

the away support is so noisy because it is the very core of our support concentrated in to a relatively small area, the same 5000 spread around Hillsborough dilutes it, its nothing to do with the band. Half the time the noisy bit of the North is singing something completely different to the noisy bit of the Kop and the south is too busy rubbing their squashed knees and eating prawns.

The problem is the band have created an environment where they have to lead the singers on the Kop, they've killed off the spontaneous singing over 20 years and have seen many older 'singers' move away from the Kop.

I was unable to attend our away match at Birmingham the other week, but it did make 2 things abundantly clear.

First and IMO most important. Some 3000 Wednesdayites, grouped together and WITHOUT the aid of a 'Band', could create a superb atmosphere, singing together a variety of supportive songs, which , given their reaction at the end of the game, impressed, and no doubt inspired, the PLAYERS.

Second. Do the band know what their purpose is? It is not the accompanist who should be the star! They should be there, if at all, to simply supply the background accompaniment to the singer(s)

It should also be able to 'play in tune, and work as ONE unit, making one sound, not with the trumpet trying to outdo the drum or vice-versa. This is something our 'Band' has never been able to do, and so provides simply a noise.

So............ if the North West is now the new singing area, isnt it about time the band relocated there? After all, if thats where the atmosphere is then surely thats where the band should be?

Im sure the North Stand would be very welcoming.

Nah. Thanks for the lovely offer though.

I propose a relocation about 50 feet back from current position, in the River Don. Beneath the surface ideally.

The problem is the band have created an environment where they have to lead the singers on the Kop, they've killed off the spontaneous singing over 20 years and have seen many older 'singers' move away from the Kop.

Lots and lots and lots of people in Hillsborough just don't sing or shout or chant, they just sit there and only make some noise when we go one up etc. If you got rid of the band it would remain that way, you cant force people to get vocally involved.

I couldn't care less if the band are in or not because i do sing, chant and shout, i enjoy that more than the football sometimes and yes i am occasionally the uncle nobhead shouting on my own but i couldnt give a monkeys, other people however clearly could and they will never enjoy the football that way.

Maybe the OP needs a woodwind and a strings section and maybe a choir

F me.......its football..........it would be deathly quiet without the band

The handful of Burnley fans were making more noise the our Kop...on their own

Talking of The Burnley supporters I had to laugh when they started singing " we're Burnley FC we don't need a drum" lol