The band

I don't want to post negative threads

When things are going well so this is more of a plea to the band. As much as you bug me and many others, I think we've all accepted you're going nowhere. So, please work with us. Don't use trumpets on the Carlos song. Especially when it has already been started. Your too slow and too low. Same with the Keiron Lee song and the when we win promotion song. The songs die out as soon as you join in. Please listen to the fans we can hear more than you when you're playing. Also don't drum to we love you Wednesday. This song always got going until you started drumming along. Thanks in advance.

Apart from that it was a good game last night. Would've liked three points but I don't think anyone can argue with the entertainment.

In other words Fuuck Off...!

😁😁😁😁

In all honesty no. Thats not what I'm saying. I don't want to create a band out thread I would just like to see them work with the fans and not have to be involved in every song. Unless they want to sing of course

Might be controversial however I think without the band we would have no atmosphere. It's dreadful at the moment.

Fair comment mate its each to their own. But whichever side you sit on regarding the band,they're staying. So working together to achieve the best atmosphere possible is surely in everyone's best interest.

Why is the band still allowed? All those years of practice and they still only have about four tunes which they butcher on a regular, and too frequent basis.

Might be controversial however I think without the band we would have no atmosphere. It's dreadful at the moment.

I think the majority of the Kop are too used to the band dictating to atmosphere and what we sing.

Got a whole generation of home supporters who need the band to, literally, pipe up before a note is sung.

Last night the lads at the back were singing the Gary Hooper song and all the band knew was the chorus...so the played that over the verse.

I'm all for a drum. With a good drummer.

But the band, with their trumpets, can roger off.

And when they do, it may take time to get the Kop rocking again. It may need a nudge & some help along the way. Think we need to be allowed to bring in flags and stuff.

The Kop should be where everything radiates from. It should be THE stand. And I get the impression that the LadsLadsLads on the North would come to The Kop if the band un-workable off.

But the Kop is a damp squib at the minute. Even when we score. There's no massive buzz. And it should be the stand where everything happens. It's our Kop!

This. With or without them...there was nothing last night. Even the North was poo poo.

It's been pretty naff all season, bar the odd game...

But surely if they work with the lads at the back this could change. They've obviously got big egos but I'm sure they don't like the grief they got early this season/ late last season. Working with the fans could save their skin and keep unity amongst the fans because there's nothing more certain that during the next bad run the whole band out thing will rise again.

The atmosphere is obviously better with bigger crowds.

I don't want to get into a prices debate, but the big difference this season (apart from good football) is that were missing the POTG fans, who make attending their odd game a real event and sing loud n proud.

But what about the atmosphere in general? It's been poor for about 15 years.

Guest oasisowl81

I think the majority of the Kop are too used to the band dictating to atmosphere and what we sing.

Got a whole generation of home supporters who need the band to, literally, pipe up before a note is sung.

Last night the lads at the back were singing the Gary Hooper song and all the band knew was the chorus...so the played that over the verse.

I'm all for a drum. With a good drummer.

But the band, with their trumpets, can roger off.

And when they do, it may take time to get the Kop rocking again. It may need a nudge & some help along the way. Think we need to be allowed to bring in flags and stuff.

The Kop should be where everything radiates from. It should be THE stand. And I get the impression that the LadsLadsLads on the North would come to The Kop if the band un-workable off.

But the Kop is a damp squib at the minute. Even when we score. There's no massive buzz. And it should be the stand where everything happens. It's our Kop!

Your impression about the North lads returning is nowhere near the mark, the majority of us love the view, the baiting of away fans and average facilities.

Fair comment mate its each to their own. But whichever side you sit on regarding the band,they're staying. So working together to achieve the best atmosphere possible is surely in everyone's best interest.

they are *****, and somewhat childish, but...

at present it's that, or 'the library'... 

Your impression about the North lads returning is nowhere near the mark, the majority of us love the view, the baiting of away fans and average facilities.

Ongoing talks about moving the away support.

If The Kop became the 'hub' again...where all the atmosphere radiated from....would you come back? Knowing the away support could well be shoved up into the top tier of the South or somewhere else?