The band

I think it's time they left - novelty wore off a long time ago. I don't particularly hate them, and in fairness over the seasons they're the only ones to make some noise. But I also think having a band all of these years has contributed to the poor atmosphere we have today(as well as watching some absolute garbage) because fans don't bother anymore - what's the point when a bunch of trumpets will play over you.

As I said, I don't hate them. I don't particularly hate the noise but I'd rather hear Wednesday fans singing than brass instruments.

Maybe just have a drum? Dunno.

Aren't Anti Social Behaviour Orders available to apply for in the Civil Courts for this exact type of thing?

I can't think of a more fitting example of Anti Social behaviour

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If the band went there'd be no need for a singing section, everyone could sing freely from everywhere just like the old days, without being drowned out.

Maybe we could petition for a moaning section, we could put them in Hillsborough park. Joined by the band who could parp along with the moaning, would be a good fit.

Ooops I'd have to go with em now! bugger.

When we go over the half way line and the drum goes and when we get a corner... That's a big part of it for me.

I get the parping is a bit annoying.

I wonder how many people are in agreement that just having a drum would be the solution.

Forget your petitions for a minute, thats the question that needs answering.

When we go over the half way line and the drum goes and when we get a corner... That's a big part of it for me.

I get the parping is a bit annoying.

And I think that's really all we're asking for.

The brass section is poo poo & overpowering, and there's a reason brass bands haven't caught on in football.

Most would welcome a lone drummer. 

Are they owls? what right have these individuals to ask them to move on wawaw!

If they are or aren't. We're not banning them as individuals from the ground. We're wanting them to leave their brass instruments at home!

Or else, as a Wednesday fan, can I just bring a musical instrument to the next game. What right would anyone have to move me on? WAWAW!!!!!

at the far end of the north i quite like to hear the trumpets...

the noise they make reminds me that someone is actually on the kop...

Most of the time you reckon you can't hear us, most of the time we can't hear you!!

N. West always turn out in big numbers and are quite animated & vocal for a 'big' game. Otherwise a bit anonymous and quiet!

As for a drum, (not your suggestion pal) but possibly even worse than the total band. Too many nowter teams had a f*****n drum. Keep the band or get rid totally, not bothered either way personally but can do without bang bang bleedin bang.

When the atmosphere rises at Hillsborough we don't need any accompaniment, and as far as i'm concerned we don't need constant 'mock' atmosphere of a stupid Palaaaarce type singing section. The quiet times just make the genuine atmosphere seem even better (and genuine).  

And I think that's really all we're asking for.

The brass section is poo poo & overpowering, and there's a reason brass bands haven't caught on in football.

Most would welcome a lone drummer.

I imagine a few like me started going in the early 90s when we had big loud crowds and the band.

It's one if the reasons I struggle to go now after night games on the kop, everyone stood up, crowd roaring and the band complimenting it.

Never heard anyone moan about the band after a big game.

Most of the time you reckon you can't hear us, most of the time we can't hear you!!

N. West always turn out in big numbers and are quite animated & vocal for a 'big' game. Otherwise a bit anonymous and quiet!

This is true. 

Definitely more so for the evening games.

Hillsborough is quiet full stop. There's no louder section, or more vocal.

If they actually play marching on together I take back my OP. They shouldn't compromise they should foook off. The old vote should get bumped and emailed to the club.

We must be the softest set of fans in England to stand for this.

During late 70s and early 80s Marching on Together was one of songs us Wednesday fans were singing, just changed the word Leeds to Owls.

We're not after permission. We want the band out. This is something we can't force. Your suggestion of stopping when they start was tried last season. It resulted in relentless playing by the band at full volume and clashes between the band and fans. Why so aggressive in your posts. You're replying to Wednesday fans who unlike you can't all afford tickets in the trendy stand. By the way, the back of the kop is nearly all standing.

Who's WE??? 

I sit on kop and I'm happy for the band to stay, maybe I should state "We want the band to stay!

This is true. 

Definitely more so for the evening games.

Hillsborough is quiet full stop. There's no louder section, or more vocal.

As a regular on the Kop I used to think the same. Granted you can bearly hear the North at times from the Kop but trust me they are louder.

I had the privilege of watching a game from an Exec box earlier in the season, I was just past the half way line a tad closer to the away end. All you could hear that game was the away fans and the North stand. The only time you heard the kop was when we scored..... honestly. The din of the drums reverberating around the stands was awful, it sounded like the band were playing to themselves. I couldnt believe my ears just how quiet the kop was..... it was embarrassing.

I take everything back that I said previously about not being able to hear the North from the Kop..... it doesnt matter, they were the loudest part of the stadium that day.

During late 70s and early 80s Marching on Together was one of songs us Wednesday fans were singing, just changed the word Leeds to Owls.

Who's WE???

I sit on kop and I'm happy for the band to stay, maybe I should state "We want the band to stay!

We, as in more than one person. Or, we as in 70% of the owlstalk poll. Also, I'm not sure without scouring back but I think I was replying to a post referring to us as a collective group. To say" I" would be very arrogant.

If marching on together is a Wednesday song then why don't they play it at Hillsborough?

Edited by archieswfc