The band

so the club needs to allow a group of men to gather together to sing and chant songs that will include foul and abusive language in an area of stand used by a majority of families with women and children in tow, and to cap matters people should be allowed to bring sticks in too...HAHAHAHA!  :tango: can't see that gettin' knocked back, can you???

Don't see many children around where I sit, if I'm honest.

And anyway, the club wants the Kop to be the 'hub' again. And they put forward the idea of flags themselves....

the away support is so noisy because it is the very core of our support concentrated in to a relatively small area, the same 5000 spread around Hillsborough dilutes it, its nothing to do with the band. Half the time the noisy bit of the North is singing something completely different to the noisy bit of the Kop and the south is too busy rubbing their squashed knees and eating prawns.

Can't disagree.

dnhc. I'm struggling with your motive. I thought you were just pro band, which is fine, each to their own and all that. But it seems you're actually anti kop and any suggestion to improve it is ridiculed. We're all at Hillsborough for the same reason mate. Its not north against kop. If you sit on the north why are you so against the fans on the kop trying to improve the atmosphere. I'm not after an argument I'm just curious.

dnhc. I'm struggling with your motive. I thought you were just pro band, which is fine, each to their own and all that. But it seems you're actually anti kop and any suggestion to improve it is ridiculed. We're all at Hillsborough for the same reason mate. Its not north against kop. If you sit on the north why are you so against the fans on the kop trying to improve the atmosphere. I'm not after an argument I'm just curious.

i don't  SIT, i STAND...

we don't ask 'permission' to STAND, we STAND because we want to...

IF you lot 'really want (i'm not going to use the term singing section, cos i think it's childish) to group together and sing, DO IT...

you don't need anyone's permission...

i'd love to hear OUR kop being as 'effective' as the lane end does when certain sides occupy it...

the answer would involve me going into great detail, and i haven't time for that at present...

but IF you want something, TAKE IT...

and stop wanting 'permission'...

can you not see that building something that is spontaneous is 'cutting edge', 'avant garde', whilst 'permission' makes it 'tinpotish'...

f- me i said i hadn't time for this...

IF the band joins in when you sing, then you stop, let them play it out...

the moment they stop you start another, IF they join in, you stop again, carry on for 10 minutes and they'll have to give way, as the trumpeter won't draw breath, you may have the drummer but i've seen people on here advocating that as a way forward...

then go n' put yer foot through t' drum...

just stop effin' about on 'ere n' DO IT...

We're not after permission. We want the band out. This is something we can't force. Your suggestion of stopping when they start was tried last season. It resulted in relentless playing by the band at full volume and clashes between the band and fans. Why so aggressive in your posts. You're replying to Wednesday fans who unlike you can't all afford tickets in the trendy stand. By the way, the back of the kop is nearly all standing.

Said it before and I'll say it again, if you don't want them on the Kop then tell them. No need for aggression just a polite f4ck off should work

Edited by Ash76