The band

Seems to me that too many people are influenced by what the band are doing, hat song to sing etc. than what is going on where it matters - ON THE FIELD!!

Tuesday night, my mates being unable to get, I was sat almost alone, with a space around me, in the South, and I must admit that I heard parts of chants being started then lost, from the Kop. There was quite  lot of noise on the actual  South itself, but I wonder if the noise on here doesn't get lost in the roof. I think the South is probably atrocious acoustically, in that the sound being made, and I assure everyone , Kop, or North, that the 'Prawn Sandwich' brigade do get excited, and do make a noise. I just wonder if it doesn't get lost in the vast cavern that is the roof..

I agree that the band never seems to be in time to the chanting. but wonder, given the noise that came from the few Burnley supporters towards the end, isn't accentuated by the acoustics. I've often thought, having been brought up on the Leppings Lane (note: NOT the West Stand) the fact that we are playing to what is virtually a 3sided ground, doesn't have a large bearing on the 'lack of atmosphere' 

in days of old when t' kop had no roof, the noise went up and off...

in relation to lane end where the standin' was 'backed' by a solid front wall of the upper seating area, forcing the noise onto the pitch...

The band are unwanted  and outmoded .

Their presence puts off some from attending. They still try to 'outparp' any form of opposition to their dreadful renderings - and they are patently a  transient and disloyal lot as they will perform anywhere (including L**ds).

Other clubs think they are awful too - and yet , for some reason, they remain.

It's all been said before - but no one in authority does anything to remove them. 

The only way to get them out would be to engineer a move for the band to a location just behind the Director's Boxes - see how long they last then !!!

there's no 'singing section' in't n/w...

there's no 'permission' sought, or required...

just turn up n' join in...

not much point turnin' up n' not joinin' in...

as it's rowdy, and not always easy to see t' game......

This times a million.

Dont understand why people on the kop cant just join in - its the bloody KOP FFS

Besides, theres plenty of empty seats, just get some tickets with your mates and join in. Dont see why people need an excuse or a gimmick.

They were hitting some great notes on Tuesday. The Kop was rocking in the second half with their renditions.

Chansiri has been great to Hemo and the guys and given them even more free season tickets for next season, plus an extremely generous food and beverage allowance.

Keep up the good work guys.

The band are unwanted  and outmoded .

Their presence puts off some from attending. They still try to 'outparp' any form of opposition to their dreadful renderings - and they are patently a  transient and disloyal lot as they will perform anywhere (including L**ds).

Other clubs think they are awful too - and yet , for some reason, they remain.

It's all been said before - but no one in authority does anything to remove them. 

The only way to get them out would be to engineer a move for the band to a location just behind the Director's Boxes - see how long they last then !!!

the band are NOT unwanted, or they wouldn't be there...

obviously THE POWERS THAT BE want them there, and carry more influence than those that don't...

as for 'engineering a move to the rear of the director's box', you'll find that now, as throughout history, the wealthy will always shit on the poor, and the kop are after all the cheaper seats in the house, maybe it's time for you to upgrade...

This times a million.

Dont understand why people on the kop cant just join in - its the bloody KOP FFS

Besides, theres plenty of empty seats, just get some tickets with your mates and join in. Dont see why people need an excuse or a gimmick.

i don't understand 'this permission' thing at all...

whilst a child at school maybe required to let the teacher know they were goin' to the toilet, fine...

why would football fans want 'permission' to sing and chant???

The band are getting more and more hated

I hope DC and the steering group are aware

the kop (like it or not) due to pricing IS 'a family enclosure'...the  :baby:

club will NOT want 70/80 football fans gathered there effin' and blindin'...

it WILL cost them in lost attendance as some families chose to avoid it...

if you can't sing on't kop, then write down the songs you'd like to hear, n' we'll rattle 'em off for you on't n/west...  :tango:

Absolutely not. The band have played a big part in killing the atmosphere. Playing over spontaneous songs to drown them out, joining in part way through a song out of rhythm etc.

i didn't start attending last year...

the kops been a problem for a very long time...

when unroofed, it was...

when roofed without seating, it may have been at it's best...

when seating arrived, and the pricing had the kop the cheapest, then...

it lost what 'something' it ever had...

it can 'never' be 'the 'IN' place to be that some want to portray...

you'll find more call it a s***hole than call it great, time and (some) people have moved on, others sadly not so...

it's the clubs cheap seats, until the club looks to 'move on' the families with their picnic's (to somewhere they want to go) nothing can be done with the kop...

now from the club's pov. the other 2 stands are far more expensive, so how do you move 'the families'?

can you actually see the club giving the go ahead to 75+ fans gettin' together to chant abuse, and be 'effin' n' blindin' merely yards from where women and children are, and runnin' the risk of those families voting with their feet to stay away???

if so, then you need to get it to the commercial dept. i'm sure they'll be breaking their necks to put it in front of dc, as another way of reducing attendances following on from the umteen different pricing options fiasco/debacle...

Atmosphere at hillsborough was much better before the band came in and turned it into some kind of cheap, nasty, plastic affair

The spontaneous element has gone and been replaced by that awful parping dirge.

i used to love the big negative, nervous periods of doom laiden silence...

occasionally interrupted by a mere handful of fans trying to get a song going, before jacking it in after only a few seconds...

but the negative silence didn't go on for too much longer, before " YER F***ING SHYTE WEDNESDAY"  bellowed out, or perhaps a more 'personally' directed observation was 'aired' to one of our sh***ing themselves players...

yeah!, you're right, the band ruined all that...

the band are NOT unwanted, or they wouldn't be there...

obviously THE POWERS THAT BE want them there, and carry more influence than those that don't...

as for 'engineering a move to the rear of the director's box', you'll find that now, as throughout history, the wealthy will always shit on the poor, and the kop are after all the cheaper seats in the house, maybe it's time for you to upgrade...

Hoist by your own petard, dnhc.... you seem to consider that proximity to the band equates to 'being sh*t on' . I agree entirely . 

I don't want to post negative threads

When things are going well so this is more of a plea to the band. As much as you bug me and many others, I think we've all accepted you're going nowhere. So, please work with us. Don't use trumpets on the Carlos song. Especially when it has already been started. Your too slow and too low. Same with the Keiron Lee song and the when we win promotion song. The songs die out as soon as you join in. Please listen to the fans we can hear more than you when you're playing. Also don't drum to we love you Wednesday. This song always got going until you started drumming along. Thanks in advance.

Apart from that it was a good game last night. Would've liked three points but I don't think anyone can argue with the entertainment.

don't think Hemmingham comes on here, try the Leeds forum