The Owls vs Burnley. Official Matchday Thread.

I was at the development game earlier today, lees came through well and looks (to an untrained eye) ready for a game Saturday. Turner was feeling his leg and looked like he was limping when he was subbed.

Excellent news about Lees. Turner looks as if he's a bit prone to injuries which do not clear up.

I think the top six stat is misleading.

Matched Boro other than first 45 seconds.

Destroyed Birmingham who are practically in the top six.

Played a couple in our dodgy start of season run when we hadn't gelled properly.

If we are in the play-offs I think we will do just fine.  :ph34r:

To one that know how to take its chances - diff between a good-ish champ side and an ex Prem one.

Big challenge in the second half with the first and last five minutes of particular concern

We played well tonight. I think we showed tonight we've got more variety in our play than Burnley. Dyche has got a formula that works in the championship but I think we'll get stronger as the season goes on. They were lucky to get a point IMO and relied heavily on getting the better of the 50/50 calls tonight. It was an absolute joke in the first half in particular that Dyche is in the fourth officials earhole all the time and it's Carlos who gets warned by the ref. On tonight's performance I have every confidence we can finish stronger than them.

Guest HATETUNALOVECHANSIRI

Nuhiu tonight was like a demented pigeon trying to get that last chip on the harbour at Bridlington.

Obviously apart from his Geoff Thomas esque strike and his speculative 'header'.

Keep it up King. We love you

Keep on not looking like your gonna score and keep clapping the fans as your substituted? the extra pressure on hooper to score for 2 will tell soon

Poor defending at the start but we grew stronger and stronger. Only looked one winner second half.

Burnley are no better than us.

Derby in a total mess now. 3 from 21 and a home nil nil v Preston.......look behind you!

We were not at our best but we were better than a very strong Burnley.

Wednesday 1-1 Burnley (Lee 48)

Possession: 54-46

Shots on target: 5-5 

Shots off target: 9-6

Corners: 3-2

Fouls: 12-10

Yellow cards: 1-2

Red cards: 0-0

Westwood, Hunt, Hutchinson, Loovens, Pudil, Wallace (McGeady 87), Lee, Bannan, Forestieri, Hooper, Nuhiu (Joao 82). 

Subs not used: Price, Bennett, McGugan, Sasso, Semedo. 

Well done Wednesday. 

Well done Burnley.