Shocking day full stop

Some right sanctimonious fannys on here

This sort of thing isn't new at football matches, but thankfully this sort of thing is getting fewer and far between, and in a generation or so it'll probably be gone completely.

It's all this people falling over themselves to show themselves to be morally superior that really gets my back up

This sort of thing isn't new at football matches, but thankfully this sort of thing is getting fewer and far between, and in a generation or so it'll probably be gone completely.

No chance. There will always be idiots where ever there's people. Everyone has a different view on what's considered racism and "banter", so that'll never change either.

Stoopkid

That's because they ARE morally superior. They care about others and are prepared to support them. What's wrong with that

?

I know what your saying but people love to be smug, we get it all the time on here, it's like a competition to see who can be more outraged

No chance. There will always be idiots where ever there's people. Everyone has a different view on what's considered racism and "banter", so that'll never change either.

No it's changing, I was at valley parade as a lad in 97for the fa cup game, and it sounded like the entire away end were singing "your just a town full of *****" thankfully you don't hear it anymore it's just a small minority that are getting smaller as time goes on

Find some of the responses to the lady who started this thread an absolute disgrace.

As some else said, a new low for this site.

We clearly have some real scumbags who go to games and post on here.

The mods should really look at this thread and decide if these people should be posting this type of stuff on here.

Bang out of order.

Agreed.

I don't go to many away games now because theres every chance you'll be close to an idiot.

Chuck them out the club - we know who they are.

Then chuck them off here because I'm sick of reading their childish, attitude laden remarks that show no respect for decent fans wanting to discuss matters openly.

No it's changing, I was at valley parade as a lad in 97for the fa cup game, and it sounded like the entire away end were singing "your just a town full of *****" thankfully you don't hear it anymore it's just a small minority that are getting smaller as time goes on

Where there's clear racism, yes there's been a big change. Many things aren't as clear cut though. No real lines and wide ranging views on what's acceptable.

Of course I've no idea what was said in this instance, just talking in general terms really.

The OP'S experience is why I don't go to away games. Which is a shame as Birmingham and Wolves are very easy for me to get to, but I don't fancy being amongst all the aggro and somehow getting caught up in it.

Not out of fear from the thug element of our own fans, but because I'm a bloke in my 30's over 6ft and touching 15 stone, I don't want to get tarred with the same brush and through association, be incorrectly identified as a hooligan by the police and arrested or targeted by home fans and get started on.

It's not why I go to watch football. If I wanted to get in a fight and prove my male ego I'd take up Boxing, Tae Kwondo or other such sport.

So, I stick to the Home Games and 200 mile round trip so I can get a seat of my choice away from troublemakers!

It's a shame you have that view, not criticising it by the way. You can go to away games and not be ringfenced as that type of person, whatever your size. Behave normally and you will always be ok