Shocking day full stop

Shocking. I think you really need to contact the club and explain the dreadful experience in full. It needs highlighting.

The response on here from some so called Wednesday fans makes me sick. Is this the same forum that can't wait to type about the disgusting behaviour of some past away fans to Hillsborough or the shocking and disgusting treatment some have suffered watching us play at the Lane over the years?

Sweeping this under the carpet with a comment of all clubs have arsehole fans or more shocking still, defending this disgusting behaviour because it's Wednesday fans being accused is not good enough.

Agreed, personally I'd have felt angry and embarrassed to witness what the OP experienced. After a few beers it's not surprising that some fans go over the top, but the more surprising thing about this thread are some of the venomous replies to this posting. WAWAW?

The OP'S experience is why I don't go to away games. Which is a shame as Birmingham and Wolves are very easy for me to get to, but I don't fancy being amongst all the aggro and somehow getting caught up in it.

Not out of fear from the thug element of our own fans, but because I'm a bloke in my 30's over 6ft and touching 15 stone, I don't want to get tarred with the same brush and through association, be incorrectly identified as a hooligan by the police and arrested or targeted by home fans and get started on.

It's not why I go to watch football. If I wanted to get in a fight and prove my male ego I'd take up Boxing, Tae Kwondo or other such sport.

So, I stick to the Home Games and 200 mile round trip so I can get a seat of my choice away from troublemakers!

You are in a world of pain with the car buddy. Very unlikely chain has snapped but the tell take rattle before it gave up is a sure sign of tensioner, cam adjustor (probably most likely) or a guide has given up. Likely put the two banks of the engine out of time with each other. Even if my some miracle, you haven't done any 'major' engine damage, at the very least the whole chain set up will have to be done. This is an engine out job with a 2 grand parts spend. Without seeing it, I would guess you would be looking at a repair bill of between 3 and 6 grand (but you will be incredibly lucky if it's 3). Audi quote £8k for chain and associated parts replacement.

That's what i'm hearing :(

There has been more concern for the Audi than the racism.

Mostly by people desperate so say, 'I drive an Audi'

Woo.

Not any more it seems.

I might buy a Trabant and see if people deduce i'm desperate to relay i drive one of those?

This thread wouldnt exist if we had won 3-2..imo

It would, only difference is i would have been the OP and been more gutted i didn't quite reach the game lol

Guest Johnbloodaxe

If you see illegal behaviour or simply unacceptable behaviour use your phone take pics or videos and send them to the club. Racism and thuggery isn't acceptable and the club should be in a position to ban the morons that do it with sensible supporters help.

Find some of the responses to the lady who started this thread an absolute disgrace.

As some else said, a new low for this site.

We clearly have some real scumbags who go to games and post on here.

The mods should really look at this thread and decide if these people should be posting this type of stuff on here.

Bang out of order.

If you see illegal behaviour or simply unacceptable behaviour use your phone take pics or videos and send them to the club. Racism and thuggery isn't acceptable and the club should be in a position to ban the morons that do it with sensible supporters help.

Good idea.

The OP'S experience is why I don't go to away games. Which is a shame as Birmingham and Wolves are very easy for me to get to, but I don't fancy being amongst all the aggro and somehow getting caught up in it.

Not out of fear from the thug element of our own fans, but because I'm a bloke in my 30's over 6ft and touching 15 stone, I don't want to get tarred with the same brush and through association, be incorrectly identified as a hooligan by the police and arrested or targeted by home fans and get started on.

It's not why I go to watch football. If I wanted to get in a fight and prove my male ego I'd take up Boxing, Tae Kwondo or other such sport.

So, I stick to the Home Games and 200 mile round trip so I can get a seat of my choice away from troublemakers!

If you make your decisions on what to do based on where idiots will preside, you would never leave the house, never mind not go to a match.

Vulva,

Your comparison is not reflecting the reality of the situation.

You know there will be a significant number of drunk lads, some of whom are basically scumbags, at our away games.

You are a lot less likely to have the same experience walking down the street or going about your normal business.

Feels to me like you are bordering on excusing the way they behave?

I don't think some people have been out and let many folk from different backgrounds, they can't seem to empathise with people being abused for their race.

When United were racistly chanting at the Bradford fans we fairly unanimously said let's not pan them for this as we have the same issues, and here we are.

As a society we seem to be having to wait a very long time for people to catch up and it's doing a lot of people's heads in.

Problem with filming them is, and if it was my daughter or something at the game, I'd be worried they would be targeted and have their phone smashed up or worse.

The fuse is lit now with this thread, but I can assure you the posters who have set it off by saying what do you expect at an away day will be reading every post and giggling to themselves.

Vulva,

Your comparison is not reflecting the reality of the situation.

You know there will be a significant number of drunk lads, some of whom are basically scumbags, at our away games.

You are a lot less likely to have the same experience walking down the street or going about your normal business.

Feels to me like you are bordering on excusing the way they behave?

Not excusing it, merely pointing about that idiots are everywhere. Have a walk down Fargate on any day, and it resembles a zoo. Socially excluded, uneducated idiots are breeding at a faster rate than the decent ones, and it's a problem only going to get worse.

Not excusing it, merely pointing about that idiots are everywhere. Have a walk down Fargate on any day, and it resembles a zoo. Socially excluded, uneducated idiots are breeding at a faster rate than the decent ones, and it's a problem only going to get worse.

I agree with that. The only difference of course is that on Fargate you can give these people a wide bearth and walk away.

When you are sat/stood in a confided space for 2 hours in front of drunken racist scumbags who push you over its a very threatening situation.

We seem to be saying that this is an accepted norm now - when it should be condemned.

It means decent Wednesdayites stop going away. Personally I have almost stopped going away and would not take my 10 year old.

As a kid, going away has given me some of my best memories.

Those opportunities are now being lost because of brain dead scum.

Find some of the responses to the lady who started this thread an absolute disgrace.

As some else said, a new low for this site.

We clearly have some real scumbags who go to games and post on here.

The mods should really look at this thread and decide if these people should be posting this type of stuff on here.

Bang out of order.

Best reply on this thread.

At least Jeremy Kyle benefits.

err, identify them and ban them. Do we really want racist chanting when we are owned by a Thai? We aren't Leeds and we shouldn't just ignore it.

Can't say a agree with all of this. Of course, being owned by a Thai, we don't want racist chanting. But we wouldn't want racist chanting if we were owned by a Serbian, or a Sheffielder.