Shocking day full stop

If you must know yes. I got caught in the crush when we went up and the seats got broken in the north stand. Old girl next to me was terrified.

Your logic is screwed because by inference unless you or one of your family are affected by murder, its OK for people to ignore the law on it.

What about if you see it affecting other people?

Oh how are we going to get over them broken seats? Devastated.

If it's affecting you, or someone else, yes do something about it, but what about the hundreds that are drunk that are just enjoying themselves and not causing trouble?

For me, the drunks at away days are the only ones who bother to create an atmosphere.

Being drunk generally means you are blissfully unaware of any offence you may or may not be causing to others around you but if you are that drunk you cannot keep control then that's when it becomes an issue.

Most people find drunk people at football matches funny until it encroaches on their own enjoyment and starts endangering them as well as others.

How you police it is another matter, I can't see someone doing part time on the turnstyles challenging someone and given the low numbers of stewards at games they are only there to be reactive to a situation rather than prevent one.

I don't want to be a killjoy but for those of us who go to away games with our kids, we go for the football, not for an excuse for a p1ss up. What people want to do is entirely up to them but there is nothing worse than going to an away game with the kids (actually kid, I won't take my 6 year old to an away game) and getting stuck near a bunch of bellends who have been drinking since 9 in the morning. More power to you if you want a good session but getting absolutely w@nkered before the game and being a pain in the arse for the 30 minutes or so you are actually in the stands rather than at the bar is just a bit tiresome for everyone else.

For those of us that find it easier to go to away matches than home ones, it makes it difficult to take the kids, it's not an environment I would want them in and while some don't give a throw about that, our kids are the future of the club.

Maybe it's always been thus, maybe it's the same everywhere, still doesn't make it right.

I dont see or hear any racism on away dayz (or home games)..and thats a FACTamondo

OK so either you don't actually go to the games or you are blind and deaf. FACT.

Hang on, going to have to edit my own post here. I see cockneyowl hasn't seen anything either so I shouldn't be so judgemental of you realist. In my own experience, I have seen plenty.

Edited by londonowl

OK so either you don't actually go to the games or you are blind and deaf. FACT.

Hang on, going to have to edit my own post here. I see cockneyowl hasn't seen anything either so I shouldn't be so judgemental of you realist. In my own experience, I have seen plenty.

I don't do a lot of away games. Just a few locals. In north stand every home though and can't remember any.

I don't do a lot of away games. Just a few locals. In north stand every home though and can't remember any.

That makes more sense to me. Haven't seen anything at home myself, away seems to attract the worst element (admittedly a small minority) and obviously everyone is in a smaller area so much more noticeable.

Double post. Dunno why.

Edited by CockneyOwl

Guest SnookerOwl

Has this site got moderators. I've been to every away game and just made a point that there were a group of fans that were that drunk they caused me to fall and made racist comments towards a steward. Instead of condoning at least the racist stuff I get called a liar and pulled to bits. Interesting

Tashton, the mentality of some folk on here is staggering, but not surprising.

Don't worry about it.