Shocking day full stop

Not trying to belittle your experience today Tashton but at least you were there.

I closed my shop early and we were in good time for the game until my Audi broke down before the Telford services off the M54 at 1.40 pm

Just got home with unused tickets and £273 lighter thanks to an RAC flatbed :(

Wow, that makes my RAC membership look a right bargain. Still I've driven BMW's for a while so I don't do tow trucks  lol

The original poster doesn't deserve the ridicule she's received.

I know it's just the usual bunch of tails seemingly condoning the actions of our knuckle dragging element and trying to get cheap laughs.

Saying it happens everywhere shouldn't mean we have to accept it. Yes, racism needs to be reported but someone highlighting it on a message board should not be belittled for doing so.

Some of the comments in this thread make me embarrassed to be a Wednesday fan. I thought we were better than this.

Edited by Polar

ok as a joke to replace the average beemer driver haha, as a man, the legit that sucks mate, you sure its not something annoying but stupid like the head gasket?

I did have an electrical and alternator issue last year but that was sorted and car tuned.

Am hoping it is something annoying but haven't got a good feeling about this one.

Drive chains on these (as opposed to belts) which became noisy before engine failed so could be relatively simple or painfully expensive.

Either way i'm billing SWFC lol

I don't really understand all the grief the OP is getting. Just because it's 'normal' does that mean that we shouldn't point out the total bell ends you get at away games. I take my 11 year old to matches and away games are great for the atmosphere but if you get stuck near the wrong bunch, it's very flippingtiresome and to be honest not really an environment I want my kids in (wouldn't take my youngest who is 6 to an away game).

Guest tha_knows

I did have an electrical and alternator issue last year but that was sorted and car tuned.

Am hoping it is something annoying but haven't got a good feeling about this one.

Drive chains on these (as opposed to belts) which became noisy before engine failed so could be relatively simple or painfully expensive.

Either way i'm billing SWFC lol

Did the engine management come on prior to it dying on ya? If it's your chain tensioner then sorry it's gunna be a nasty wallet burn.

Wow, that makes my RAC membership look a right bargain.

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Mind you, my mate has a full RAC cover for around £130 so considering i haven't been a member for 20yrs i've saved over 2 grand. Take away the £273 i was forced to pay today i am still over £1700 in the clear lol

Did the engine management come on prior to it dying on ya? If it's your chain tensioner then sorry it's gunna be a nasty wallet burn.

Yeah got a few christmas lights prior but have had 3 different spectrum estimates from mates in the trade ranging from 'phew, got away with it' to 'jeez! May as well scrap the phooker'!

Guest tha_knows

Yeah got a few christmas lights prior but have had 3 different spectrum estimates from mates in the trade ranging from 'phew, got away with it' to 'jeez! May as well scrap the phooker'!

Nah don't scrap it! I take it you have an RS4? I had an Audi A6 2.5tdi couple of years ago and the gearbox packed in and with no warrantee it was looking at 3K to fix. Only problem with Audis, nice cars to drive but a horrible headache for your bank account when things go wrong.

Nah don't scrap it! I take it you have an RS4? I had an Audi A6 2.5tdi couple of years ago and the gearbox packed in and with no warrantee it was looking at 3K to fix. Only problem with Audis, nice cars to drive but a horrible headache for your bank account when things go wrong.

Not particularly apt to a football forum is it now?

Anyway, Problems with CVT Multitronic box is a known fault on the A6 2.5tdi. Audi eventually admitted that the gearbox fitted to these cars was a version if the one used on the 1.9 and couldn't cope with the the torque of the 2.5. If you've got one, either get shot or there is a company in Luton or somehwhere like that who will switch out the 5 plate clutch for a 7 plate one (or it might be the other way round) for about a grand and this will stop the box eating itself.

Guest tha_knows

Not particularly apt to a football forum is it now?

Anyway, Problems with CVT Multitronic box is a known fault on the A6 2.5tdi. Audi eventually admitted that the gearbox fitted to these cars was a version if the one used on the 1.9 and couldn't cope with the the torque of the 2.5. If you've got one, either get shot or there is a company in Luton or somehwhere like that who will switch out the 5 plate clutch for a 7 plate one (or it might be the other way round) for about a grand and this will stop the box eating itself.

I got shot of it ages ago, should have done the research on it prior to buying cuz I heard the stories of Audi admitting the known faults. Anyway back to the football...

I'm inclined to agree with you.

Mind you, my mate has a full RAC cover for around £130 so considering i haven't been a member for 20yrs i've saved over 2 grand. Take away the £273 i was forced to pay today i am still over £1700 in the clear lol

4.2 V8? I bet it cost you £1700 in petrol to get to Telford lol

Just got back. Awful today. Defence was embarrassing. 1st team great but squad as a whole not. Off the pitch awful too. There was a section of owls fans today that were appalling. So drunk they kept falling over,knocked me to the floor. Throwing bottles. Refusing to move from gangways causing real issues throughout first half when stewards tried to sort they used vile abusive language towards them. Twice I got a bang on back of my head from drunk fans pushing. Then in second half they decided to use racist language towards steward. Appalling

Stewards ought to have had help from police. It sounds shameful.

On the field, dead right to say the overall squad is awful. Wed should be capable of putting out a team from our big squad to beat Shrewsbury but it is not possible because poor players have to be selected. The last time we saw a much changed team, we saw poor players on display vs Boro. The management is not doing a job as well as they ought to be and lots of people are fooling themselves.

You are in a world of pain with the car buddy. Very unlikely chain has snapped but the tell take rattle before it gave up is a sure sign of tensioner, cam adjustor (probably most likely) or a guide has given up. Likely put the two banks of the engine out of time with each other. Even if my some miracle, you haven't done any 'major' engine damage, at the very least the whole chain set up will have to be done. This is an engine out job with a 2 grand parts spend. Without seeing it, I would guess you would be looking at a repair bill of between 3 and 6 grand (but you will be incredibly lucky if it's 3). Audi quote £8k for chain and associated parts replacement.