New club crest

Sheffield Wednesday are set to replace their club logo outside Hillsborough with their new crest.

The club announced a change to their club crest earlier this season and are now preparing to alter the outside of the South Stand by putting up a 4m-high version of the new badge on the ground.

image.jpg The old Sheffield Wednesday logo is to be replaced

The new crest is inspired by the club’s first-ever badge from the 1950s.

The club has applied for planning permission from Sheffield Council to make the change, with a decision due by May 4.

The new crest, which was unveiled in January, will also feature on next season’s shirts.

Wednesday owner Dejphon Chansiri said in January he wanted to bring in a new badge to ‘herald a new beginning’ for the club.

He said: “The crest that stood out to me in every way was the first official design of the 1950s and I am fascinated by the fact it was never actually used on the team’s shirts.”

Read more: http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/sheffield-wednesday-set-to-replace-club-crest-outside-hillsborough-1-7805680#ixzz43WFXY0jT

Really starting to feel that the 1950s crest is now our 'proper' crest.

Will always love the 70s Owl, but I'm happy that SWFC is now represented with a crest that looks and feels right.

Seeing it on the big screen was a watershed moment for me - it looks BRILLIANT

Ive acclimatised myself to it now - had it as my phone lock screen for a while.

I still LOVE The 70s owl. So sleek and "drawable". but seeing the new badge in most places around the ground has cemented it in my mind.

Took the wife on Saturday and she noticed that the new badge was everywhere, and the old badge had been erased. EXCEPT on the main entrance to the south stand.

She also things the new owl looks a bit "odd" with its eyelashes and closed eyes.

I really like the new crest. My only concern is that it seems to be different colours depending on where it appears. The blue is closer to that of our kits on the big screen (and it looks brilliant), whereas in the programmes and on the website etc it's a lighter shade of blue.

My preference would be for the version that appears onscreen, but either way it needs to be consistent.

I've got a horrible feeling that they used different designers for the print and spinny-on-screen-graphic versions, and when they both asked what shade of blue to use, they were told, 'just match it to the seats in the stadium'!