Sky sources - Alan judge

I like him, but personally don't think he's worth more than 4mil. In great from at the moment, but there was a time not so long ago he couldn't cut it at Blackburn. I wouldn't spend silly money on him.

I wouldn't even put him at 4mill.

1-2 maybe but no more.

Guest wilyfox

I wouldn't even put him at 4mill.

1-2 maybe but no more.

Based his record this season, he has to be worth similar ball park figure as Forestieri. Anything over 4mil, and they've had our trousers down - if we conclude the deal.

Think 4 million would be more than enough. 

Problem is any fee we pay will be hugely inflated. 

We did very well to get someone like FF for a mere 3 million, but then that was probably due to the fact that he wasn't required and Watford are in the Prem. 

Hope we can get Judge over the line and not lose him to the likes of Derby or Middlesborough.

That said, even just being linked to these kinds of players is a step in the right direction and a far cry from scouring the bargain bin for has-been's in the loan market.

We're going for the right kinds of players. Bang in form players. Judge would be a cracking signing if we can get him. If not, we just move on to another target.

Guest wilyfox

We shouldn't compare costs to Forestieri. He was a bargain.

I would be delighted if we signed Judge for £6 million, particularly after missing out on Blackman

Wayyyyy over the odds.

Judge would suit us even more than Blackman.

Both players are bang in form this season.

But Judge is more proven and would offer more.

Blackman would have been a ideal Antonio/JJ type of replacement.

But Judge is a more tidy, cultured and stylish player. 

Judge would be worth the money and the gamble.

Blackman although quality this season so far,

would have been more of a risk, albeit at a lesser price?

Even if we miss out on Judge. Just being linked with and in the running

for these sorts of players is a positive sign and a show of intent.

To be fair to the kid on the basis that wages offered, if we ever got they far, were identical who would you have signed for?

Oh I'm not criticising. I like our pay fair ethos. Paying over the odds nearly always leads to trouble and our summer dealings show we can grab decent players without silly money.

Money aside Derby are much more likely to get promotion so its no shock the player would opt for them

Want it alluded to in the summer transfer window we struggled to get deals over the line. Maybe Chansiri pays hardball. Gets a better deal but runs the risk of them failing

'Struggled to get deals over the line'???

We signed 16. How many friggers did you want?

'Struggled to get deals over the line'???

We signed 16. How many friggers did you want?

All of em? lol

But seriously, you win some you lose some.

Perhaps missing out on Blackman, means we'll get someone more suited to the way we play in? Someone better? Maybe someone on loan if needs be?

And if not, we still got players coming back from injury. We've already got a big squad and we aren't far off. Whatever happens during this window and the rest of the season, the future is bright and things are a lot more exciting.