Sky sources - Alan judge

Want Judge here no matter what the price. Such a fantastic player who would hugely improve our already good team.

On FFP, Chansiri is a world renowned business man and knows how to stand by rules. No need to worry.

No matter what the price, whilst also sticking to the rules?

He's not a magician lol

​Well if they do indeed go for this Judge character then it's to be hope we don't go in over the odds throwing the cash around.

Yes, I know  we have the money. But it doesn't mean we have to always  seemingly have our slacks loosened and take one up the ricker. 

Lets do it the proper English way-

Keep tapping him up. Unsettle him.

Cause unrest in their camp. Make him want to come here.

Leave them with little choice but to cut their losses and  let the unhappy chap go and recoup what they can.

Edited by Lord Snooty

​Well if they do indeed go for this Judge character then it's to be hope we don't go in over the odds throwing the cash around.

Yes, I know we have the money. But it doesn't mean we have to always seemingly have our slacks loosened and take one up the ricker.

Leave them with little choice but to cut their losses and let the unhappy chap go and recoup what they can.

Haha love that last paragraph!

Guest Paolo Di Catio

The posters suggesting we shouldn't be paying over the odds are probably the ones that will be in meltdown if we don't sign anybody. Have these ever ran a league football club and know the costs or ITK with DC and know how much is in the cash box ready to spend?

The Jan transfer window is silly season and if we want certain players we may well have to pay over the odds. If DC Is happy with the price then it's his decision.

Guest wilyfox

The Jan transfer window is silly season and if we want certain players we may well have to pay over the odds

Chansiri has already said he won't do that. So, in silly season, I guess that makes you the one looking silly - opposed to those haunted by our reckless past.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

Chansiri has already said he won't do that. So, in silly season, I guess that makes you the one looking silly - opposed to those haunted by our reckless past.

You quoted a section of my post to fit. But if you look below that section in my original post, I mention it's DC's decision if he's happy with the price.

​Well if they do indeed go for this Judge character then it's to be hope we don't go in over the odds throwing the cash around.

Yes, I know  we have the money. But it doesn't mean we have to always  seemingly have our slacks loosened and take one up the ricker. 

Leave them with little choice but to cut their losses and  let the unhappy chap go and recoup what they can.

Anyone else aroused by this use of prose?   :ph34r:

Guest wilyfox

You quoted a section of my post to fit. But if you look below that section in my original post, I mention it's DC's decision if he's happy with the price.

You claim we may have to pay over the odds, and that's ok if Chansiri is happy with the price. He won't pay over the odds, so he wouldn't be happy with the price. Your words are contradictory.

Doubt he'll be coming.

I think DC will want his transfer business done early which makes sense if he wants maximum impact this year. Brentford want £6 million for him; no way we are going to offer that. He might go for £3 - £4 million later in the transfer window but I reckon we'll have moved on by then and got somebody in.

Guest Paolo Di Catio

You claim we may have to pay over the odds, and that's ok if Chansiri is happy with the price. He won't pay over the odds, so he wouldn't be happy with the price. Your words are contradictory.

What is paying over the odds? If Chansiri thinks the price is right for him then that's it, none of us as far as I'm aware know what's in the kitty and what he's prepared to spend.

It's his decision to spend what he wants and feels like.

For someone on here to say he should pay x amount is ludicrous, it's not our money. DC is a very successful businessman and has already put in more than any of us ever will, he can do what he wants

Chansiri has already said he won't do that.

What else is he going to say? "Name your price, guys, blank cheque here"? Every club with money to spend attempts to dampen expectations like this.

It's a meaningless statement, even before considering that "over the odds" is purely subjective.

I am sorry to be so bold Your Lordship but I must object to your use of course language! There are ladies in attendance.

Guest wilyfox

What else is he going to say? "Name your price, guys, blank cheque here"? Every club with money to spend attempts to dampen expectations like this.

It's a meaningless statement, even before considering that "over the odds" is purely subjective.

None of our spending has been overly extravagant. We've spent, and spent well. Saying we would and should be willing to pay excess is without foundation.

If we're seriously hoping to buy our rivals' best players half way through the season, either we're willing to spend big or Chansiri's deluded.

Any player already in this division and in form is obviously going to command a huge premium at this time of year, so what's the point of making offers for players like Judge if he's not willing to back it up?