Sign in to follow this  
dw_sheffwed

Sky sources - Alan judge

Agree 100%

The whole point of parachute payments being introduced was to help clubs cover the costs of already existing contracts from the premier league, yet the payments are so big and go on for so long that clubs can spend spend spend. It's a joke really.

Some clubs put players on better contracts than they were in the Premier League, but football is all about boom, bust and aggressive capitalism these days.

As for Judge, 8m is ridiculous and we should stay well away.

I would think we can get better value from loaning a young premier league winger from the top 6. Alex Pritchard looked outstanding for Brentford last season on loan from spurs. 2 footed pacey winger who weighed in with 12 goals. More cost effective and less risk if it doesn't work out.

Wellington Silva for Bolton the other night was another good example, as others also said in different threads.

Edited by Owlsbornanbred

Marshall's not good enough for us now

I still think he is quality and would fit our style really well.

At the time, I thought Burnley paid too much when they signed Andre Gray for £6m. He's now got 14 goals in 21 games and is the reason they're in the playoff places.

After being released by Blackburn for free, Judge is in the form of his career.If he carries on playing how he has so far this season and gets his team promoted, he is worth the outlay as it would pay for itself in the long run.

They spent £9M on Gray not £6M.

They spent £9M on Gray not £6M.

Ok. The £6m fee quoted on his sky sports profile is wrong then.

Edited by Owlsbornanbred

Ok. The £6m fee quoted on his sky sports profile is wrong then.

Doesn't really matter but I do think it was £9m with all add ons considered, there's a fair few reports suggesting so.Just as a point to highlight how Burnley can outspend us, we spent around that amount on a variety of players.

If they spend £17M on Gray and Judge it highlights the lunacy of the market at the moment.

I will be gutted if/when we don't get him, perfect fit for us and a player who can elevate a team.

Doesn't really matter but I do think it was £9m with all add ons considered, there's a fair few reports suggesting so.Just as a point to highlight how Burnley can outspend us, we spent around that amount on a variety of players.

If they spend £17M on Gray and Judge it highlights the lunacy of the market at the moment.

Yep, totally agree on that. I mentioned in another post how happy I am with our conduct on transfers, in that we're paying little or no transfer fees and not joining the likes of Burnley, Derby, QPR in throwing money at every deal. If we don't like fee, we pull out of deal and look for the next bargain. Long may it continue.

Re guttedness. I was gutted we didn't sort a striker in the last window but am less fussed now as I'm not sure Id buy Vydra Rhodes McCormack et al now - Hooper on loan feels to have been a smarter move.

Judge pound for pound may well be over priced given we aren't exactly short in wide areas and he himself is very short.

Agree with post that Alex Pritchard on loan would be a better bet.

Teams should not be given that amount of money for parachute payments the league should take a little control of the clubs wage bill and just add funds accordingly not just say heres 30 mil a season crack on

Edited by stocksyuto

£8m ... good god ..

he's good but thats overpriced if so

keep well away. That's just ridiculous

If we are going to spend 8m, Imagine the quality we could get abroad...

No thanks