Sky sources - Alan judge

There are several reasons that spring to mind. Firstly, FFP. Secondly, a colossal price tag puts additional pressure on the player. Thirdly, if the player doesn't justify the amount, Chansiri might doubt Carvalhal and query further investment.

Plus, we could get 2/3 quality players for that.

There are several reasons that spring to mind. Firstly, FFP. Secondly, a colossal price tag puts additional pressure on the player. Thirdly, if the player doesn't justify the amount, Chansiri might doubt Carvalhal and query further investment.

FFP doesn't really come into it for this year as losses are now to be assessed over a rolling 3yr period at £39m.

Guest wilyfox

FFP doesn't really come into it for this year as losses are now to be assessed over a rolling 3yr period at £39m.

The 3yr aggregate thing starts next season.

One would assume that fans of Forest and the like assumed that they were not going to fall foul of FFP before the rule changes. 

I have no idea what our finances were last season, but assuming a loss and a large one this season, that'd leave us one year away from being caught in a transfer embargo- something we must avoid at all costs.

Just because the rules have been lapsed somewhat doesn't mean we shouldn't be weary and doesn't mean we shouldn't hunt out the very best deals available 

One would assume that fans of Forest and the like assumed that they were not going to fall foul of FFP before the rule changes. 

I have no idea what our finances were last season, but assuming a loss and a large one this season, that'd leave us one year away from being caught in a transfer embargo- something we must avoid at all costs.

Just because the rules have been lapsed somewhat doesn't mean we shouldn't be weary and doesn't mean we shouldn't hunt out the very best deals available 

Nah just sign Messi, Bale, Ronaldo. Pogba, Hummels et al, then when we get embargoed it dont matter coz weve got the best squad in the world. Simple this FFP lark

Guest wilyfox

3 year aggregate and no more than £13M loss a season isn't it.

But each transfer, take Forestieri on a 3 year contract would only count as £1M a year transfer spend. (I think he's on a 4 year deal but said 3 for the easy maths).

Next season.

Agree with the FFP concerns. The fact that clubs who have run rough shod over it are in now having problems is a stalk warning. BUT surely the club know what they can spend? Really don't think we need to worry. Pressure on the player? Don't make me laugh we are talking 6 m not 60m. Not trusting CC and so not backing him again? How will that get us to the prem?

Personally I trust Mr C to run our club properly and really really appreciate he is spending his money on our club.

3 year aggregate and no more than £13M loss a season isn't it.

But each transfer, take Forestieri on a 3 year contract would only count as £1M a year transfer spend. (I think he's on a 4 year deal but said 3 for the easy maths).

I might be wrong but I thought it was a £13m loss in total over the 3 years.

But factor in the new sponsorship deals (kit kop etc) and increased income from gates tv etc and although our expenditure has risen so will our income. Plus can't owners convert loans to equity or summat? Ten mill loss MrC issues ten mill shares and jobs a good 1 ?

How are Derby going to get round ffp this season? They've already spent about £25 million, have they sold any players? They'll need to show a profit of £12 million from the rest of their business to meet ffp.

Probably why they're so desperate to go up now, hence what seems to be "panic" buying from them this Window, just imagine if they get pushed out of Auto and we met them in the playoff final and beat them. Just imagine the rage! lol:tango:

On second thought, even if they do go up and claim the Prize money etc, wouldn't they still of broken FFP? Bournemouth went up but still turned out to of broken FFP.

Edited by ohgoditsjames

On spelling hopefully.

Just because the rules have been lapsed somewhat doesn't mean we shouldn't be weary (wary?)

Agree with the FFP concerns. The fact that clubs who have run rough shod over it are in now having problems is a stalk (stark) warning. BUT surely the club know what they can spend? Really don't think we need to worry. Pressure on the player? Don't make me laugh we are talking 6 m not 60m. Not trusting CC and so not backing him again? How will that get us to the prem?

Personally I trust Mr C to run our club properly and really really appreciate he is spending his money on our club.

and doesn't mean we shouldn't hunt out the very best deals available 

Just being pedantic.