January Transfer Window Thread

I find it bizarre that people don't want McGeady and Gibson. They would be two of the best players in the league.

On the face of it yes, but by all accounts, McGeady isn't a shadow of the player he once was, and has attitude problems to boot. Gibson, again, has lost his way and has had his own problems with injury and disciplinary issues. In the past, maybe we'd have to consider players like that, but with what we're building now, do we need to take that chance

If we've got it wrong, and Rhodes ends up staying put, Blackburn will have some pretty impressive attacking options. With Bennett, Conway and Marshall to supply the bullets, they could make a late surge for the play offs

No they won't. Conway and Marshall haven't exactly been 'supplying' the bullets recently for Rhodes. Can't see Watt and Bennett making much difference.

Guest wilyfox

Gibson would be well worth taking a look at, in my opinion. He's out of contract in the summer, whilst Lopez still has 3yrs left at Celta and would probably cost a few quid. Gibson has prem pedigree, and they're the same age. If he comes here, does well, and wants to stay, we could have a real bargain there.

I think McGeady could go either way. Has the dribbling skills to surpass anything we have. If his head is right, McGeady could set Hillsborough alight.

I find it bizarre that people don't want McGeady and Gibson. They would be two of the best players in the league.

probably wages

I couldnt understand why no-one took Charlie Austin from QPR pre season.........until it was mentioned that he was on 100,000 pounds a week

If we've got it wrong, and Rhodes ends up staying put, Blackburn will have some pretty impressive attacking options. With Bennett, Conway and Marshall to supply the bullets, they could make a late surge for the play offs

Could have another striker soon, Grant Holt, free agent and rumoured to be next one in.

On paper yes but gibson has had issues with injuries. Would we really want to be paying top whack wages out to someone who might be injured for half the time he's here? We are supposedly paying turner a fair amount and he's been injured for a large portion of the time he's been on loan with us. Think id rather try and get some younger hungrier players with good injury records

Its going to be 4 of the current top 8 that gets in IMO with 2 going up automatic and 2 missing out. nobody else is good enough. Though QPR would improve under JFH but they havent and now Austins gone they have no chance.

I always thought that McGeady doesn't exactly put himself about, yet o Carlos often says in his interviews that the personality of a player is of paramount importance. Surely if he thought that he could not sort McGeady out, he wouldn't have enquired. There's no doubting his ability, it's his attitude which is the problem.

Guest Ellis Rimmer

probably wages

I couldnt understand why no-one took Charlie Austin from QPR pre season.........until it was mentioned that he was on 100,000 pounds a week

that is the club though, I mean the fans

Nope. We have at least two players at our club better than them two.

Well that would mean we'd considerably improve the side then, 11 men in the team

On paper yes but gibson has had issues with injuries. Would we really want to be paying top whack wages out to someone who might be injured for half the time he's here? We are supposedly paying turner a fair amount and he's been injured for a large portion of the time he's been on loan with us. Think id rather try and get some younger hungrier players with good injury records

Why you worried about the wages. Chansiri pays it not you!

Sheffield Wednesday are interested in signing Leicester defender Liam Moore #SWFC #TheOwls #LCFC

Which would explain CC being at the chessie/ Leicester friendly today OR Transfer centre 9 is JTO/ The Penquin  and has just tweeted something they read on here