January Transfer Window Thread

Guest King_SWFC

Well if Rhodes is way out of our League then McCormack is fantasy. If we were willing to pay that sort of money Judge would already be in a Wednesday shirt. I don't think Chansiri will pay over the odds or be messed around. There's frankly no chance of us getting McCormack. And in a way I'm glad we won't pay those sorts of prices. Judge however I reckon would offer value for money because he's much more than a scorer. He's not only one of the top scorers this season he's also one of the top assist makers in the division too. For the price of a Rhodes or McCormack we could get a quality centre back, a midfield enforcer, Judge and probably another striker too.

We aren't talking about Judge.. In what way is McCormack out of our league? Middlesbrough have wanted Rhodes for yonks now, but have been put off by the high pricetag - they bid £12m for him in the summer! Fulham are trying to get the best deal they possibly can, but they only have so much say when the player's as unhappy as he reportedly is.

Football is a funny old game. I'd put decent money on both Derby and Boro missing out this season.

Me too. You need much more than just throwing money at it. You still need togetherness, team shape, to bring players in that fit in, keep the majority of your squad happy, etc

I can see them both bottling it again.

Guest King_SWFC

Pretty sure people said the same thing about Derby last season, yet they still missed out. lol

There are no guarantees at this level. Simply just throwing money around isn't enough. I really hope if we make the play-offs we get either Middlesborough or Derby and they crumble under the pressure.

Boro are a different kettle of fish this year.... They very rarely concede and now they have the best goalscorer in the football league. I'm grateful we don't have to play them again.

Rhodes is a great signing for them and I think an investment for the league above. I think they will win the league regardless.

But they have splashed money on failures for years, only this year it has finally clicked. Gibson deserves credit for sticking with them and continuously backing them but are his methods any better than the other "all on red" chairmen out there?

If someone said to me you can have:

Jordan Rhodes

Or

Foriesteri, Hooper, Joao, Mathias (he will come good), Hunt, Bannan, Pudil (hopefully) and one or two others (Add Judge for a bit extra and its just spunk fest time).

I know for a fact what I would prefer. Yes spunking 13 million on one player will make some people stand up and think we are back and serious BUT I would much prefer shrewd business that we conducted so far this season.