January Transfer Window Thread

If Boro go up and we don't then what's the best value for money?

Ifs and buts, Boro are in a great position to go up anyway not sure they needed to spunk £9-13 million on Jordan Rhodes to secure it. His price tag is massively overinflated

If Boro go up and we don't then what's the best value for money?

If Boro go up it will be more than likely be because they've been there or thereabouts for a couple of seasons and have the strength in depth, not just purely based on the signing of Rhodes. We should be in that position in a season or so, I wouldn't be so rash as to sign a player for that much just yet that doesn't guarantee anything (apart from maybe an FFP punishment if we don't go up for a season or two). I'd much rather spend the money we are doing at the minute on the quality of player the likes of Forestieri and Hooper.

Just seen on Twitter from a reliable account that we are about to bid for McCormack

Boro are reportedly paying £9m plus add ons for Rhodes after having a reported bid of £10m for McCormack turned down. If we won't bid for Rhodes we won't be bidding for McCormack.

Why do anyone think we'll bid for McCormack? If Middlesborough couldn't get him and are getting Rhodes instead, then what makes you think we'd get McCormack? McCormack would probably cost more than Rhodes? Judge is the one we should've gone all out for because he's more than a scorer. He's creative and would fit in here like a dream. Personally hoping we go for Judge. Ironically I can see Middlesborough and Derby possibly missing out despite all their spending and their squad strength.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

Guest King_SWFC

Boro are reportedly paying £9m plus add ons for Rhodes after having a reported bid of £10m for McCormack turned down. If we won't bid for Rhodes we won't be bidding for McCormack.

He will force a move, he isn't happy looking at the news reports

Wednesday offered £4m for Rhodes last week, with add ons. It got rejected in around 25 minutes #swfc #brfc

0 retweets1 like

:duntmatter:

1. Mark Davies has signed for #swfc on a two and a half year deal.

4 retweets5 likes

Retweet

More
  2. Transfers Now added0 retweets

0 likes

Retweet

More

So long, and Up The Owls! Here's to a second half playoff push. #swfc #UTO

1 retweet6 likes

Retweet

More

Sadly I'm not prepared to waste my time any longer. The constant abuse 24 hours a day has ground me down. #swfc

He will force a move, he isn't happy looking at the news reports

We won't be getting him. He'll be off to Hull or the Premier League. Besides Judge is the one we should go for, Rhodes and McCormack were always going to be out of our reach. If we can't pay what Brentford want for Judge or won't have our pants pulled down, then there's no chance we'll pay what Fulham want for McCormack.

Guest King_SWFC

We won't be getting him. He'll be off to Hull or the Premier League. Besides Judge is the one we should go for, Rhodes and McCormack were always going to be out of our reach. If we can't pay what Brentford want for Judge or won't have our pants pulled down, then there's no chance we'll pay what Fulham want for McCormack.

I'd say wait and see, it's a little foolish to say something definitely won't happen

I'd say wait and see, it's a little foolish to say something definitely won't happen

Well if Rhodes is way out of our League then McCormack is fantasy. If we were willing to pay that sort of money Judge would already be in a Wednesday shirt. I don't think Chansiri will pay over the odds or be messed around. There's frankly no chance of us getting McCormack. And in a way I'm glad we won't pay those sorts of prices. Judge however I reckon would offer value for money because he's much more than a scorer. He's not only one of the top scorers this season he's also one of the top assist makers in the division too. For the price of a Rhodes or McCormack we could get a quality centre back, a midfield enforcer, Judge and probably another striker too.