January Transfer Window Thread

I'm not so sure on McGeady, he'd cost a fortune to start with but what concerns me more is how long it would take to get him upto match fitness.

We've seen how long it took Hooper, can we afford to carry him that long as he's hardly played at all for Everton.

The other thing is would he be a shoe in to replace Wallace. They are different players and although other players outshine Wallace he is still doing a very good job for the team I don't think CC would just drop him.

I'm not so sure on McGeady, he'd cost a fortune to start with but what concerns me more is how long it would take to get him upto match fitness.

We've seen how long it took Hooper, can we afford to carry him that long as he's hardly played at all for Everton.

The other thing is would he be a shoe in to replace Wallace. They are different players and although other players outshine Wallace he is still doing a very good job for the team I don't think CC would just drop him.

Not every player will take as long as Hooper- Hoops clearly had a problem getting match fit once he'd lost it, and not every professional footballer would take 8 weeks to get up to speed.

McGeady would offer something different to Wallace, is probably (slightly) better so I think would complement each other well. The other bonus is that both players can play on either flank, meaning at times you'd imagine we would see them in the same team together when Fessi doesn't play on the left. Only downside is cost and wages, they'd put me off a little bit... but I'm not the one paying!

Derby dont have an ethos they just buy any player in form and hope for the best but they tend to flop once they go to them

My housemate's right annoyed. (Derby fan)

I told him they'd signed two strikers in two days and that they'd spent over £3 million on Blackman, at which point he just swore and complained that "All we do is sign strikers and we need f*cking defenders!

Never really minded Derby but after this transfer window I just want them to not go up and get stuffed by FFP... and even my housemate has conceded it's no less than they deserve for a stupid transfer policy and reckless spending

My housemate's right annoyed. (Derby fan)

I told him they'd signed two strikers in two days and that they'd spent over £3 million on Blackman, at which point he just swore and complained that "All we do is sign strikers and we need f*cking defenders!

Never really minded Derby but after this transfer window I just want them to not go up and get stuffed by FFP... and even my housemate has conceded it's no less than they deserve for a stupid transfer policy and reckless spending

Yea i would knock one out if we lined up with bent wiemann and ince but since they all signed perm deals they have flopped.

Tom ince not so much 23 games 8 goals but

Bent 15 games 1 goal is shocking and about same for wiemann

Wolves are interested in Chris Wood.

Middlesborough and QPR have both enquired for Callum McManaman.

I reckon we should make a move for Cardiff's Craig Noone if we can't get Judge or McGeady. Hooper and Pudil sound close. Just need a midfield enforcer and a creative wide player, plus possibly one more striker to partner Hooper? I wouldn't rule out a couple more loanees.