Attendance / Ticket prices

So what you are suggesting is that a Game v Preston is as attractive to everyone as a Game against say Forrest ?

There's very little between them. Premier League I can see it where the range is Man Utd to Bournemouth. In this league I can't see the likes of Forest, Leeds or Derby being a must see game.

In my opinion the problem with the ticket prices is the membership. Its £30 for a membership. Go to 6 games and you're still no better off. So its not worth it for many. I think the idea was that most people bought memberships, in which case the tickets prices dont seem as unreasonable. But what's actually happened is at £30 most people haven't got memberships and will pick and choose the odd game, at £5 more expensive. Had the memberships been more affordable, lets say £15 I think more people would have bought them and at £5 less the ticket prices would have seemed less extortionate.

There's 23 games plus a bigger saving on Arsenal ticket, surely biggest percentage of fans are planing to go to more than 6 games during season when we've invested so heavily in players.

Can't plus this enough.

Yesterday was a fantastic game of football on our part.

Some will moan at anything but not do anything constructive to make a change.

Thats the worst we have played for the last 6 games 

Can't plus this enough.

Yesterday was a fantastic game of football on our part.

Some will moan at anything but not do anything constructive to make a change.

I enjoyed yesterday but first 40 minutes wasn't that much better than last season, at least we've got the players/squad to pull results off and change games now though.

It's simple. Buy a membership. 

I can't make it to every home game, so I've bought Membership for the first time this season. I've already saved £10 on 2 home game tickets, and I'm set to save £8 on an Arsenal ticket in the North, as well as getting priority over General Sale. Makes 100% sense.

It's simple. Buy a membership. 

I can't make it to every home game, so I've bought Membership for the first time this season. I've already saved £10 on 2 home game tickets, and I'm set to save £8 on an Arsenal ticket in the North, as well as getting priority over General Sale. Makes 100% sense.

We've already got over 3,500 members, I think come Arsenal game we'll be around 5,000.

Quoting an actual price is needlessly sensationalist? Games like yesterday would have been a great chance to win back some casual fans. Beautiful morning, team on a winning run - just the sort of scenario when people decide to go to a game on the spur of the moment. Categories and membership schemes and high prices work against that. I don't think we need categories in this division - most games are much of a muchness.

All fair and valid points. I'm not for a second suggesting the pricing is fair. But personally I think the focus should be on what more regular fans (not as regular as ST holders) will pay, not what the true casuals will pay. Pricing tickets to the casuals is probably an unwise venture considering they often don't even turn up when it is £10.

To me, the price for the regular pay on the dayer is what is important. That price is definitely too high, but not as high as is often quoted.

Thats the worst we have played for the last 6 games 

And yet still win 3-1. Probably should have been 4 or 5.

Small lull of play in the first half where nothing happened. But it's going to happen when PNE come with the intention not to lose...rather than to win. They defended and tried to feed off our mistakes. Which is going to happen when you have so much possession.

And yet still win 3-1. Probably should have been 4 or 5.

Small lull of play in the first half where nothing happened. But it's going to happen when PNE come with the intention not to lose...rather than to win. They defended and tried to feed off our mistakes. Which is going to happen when you have so much possession.

They battered us after Wallace and Nuhui went off, they missed 2-3 free headers, take off the blinkers even Carlos says that 3 or 4 of our top performers had a off day .

Eh? Even if you're a member you've paid £30 for it. Someone like me who might go to 5-6 games a season it adds £5 on. If I was a member today's price would have been £28. I paid £33. Throughout the season even if I was a member it's going to mean it cost me at least £33 over the seaosn for this specific game. So quoting the maximum isn't sensationalising the prices. It's an accurate portrayal for many.

I'm not complaining about paying £33, see my earlier post. I'm complaiining that people think that just because there is a membership scheme it means everyone automatically gets £5 off a game. Even going to 10 games a season it means fans are saving £2 for those games they attend over the season. Wish people would understand this when criticising fans who struggle to afford it. By the way I think the meme earshot scheme is a good idea and should be kept, it just doesn't benefit everybody like some choose to beleive.

I understand the maths you are quoting.

However, I feel the club will have had an average fan in mind when deciding prices and the pricing structure is aimed at them. They probably care more about getting the prices right for people who attend around 50% of games, not 20% of games. In my opinion, the more loyal you are, the better value you deserve. Thus St holders get the best deal, those who regularly use membership cards get the next best deal and those who don't come very often don't get as good a deal.

Having said all that, the prices are still too high. Perhaps a good system would be to keep the max, non members price the same but make the membership discount bigger. Thus making the average game cost lower.

As much as I love Wednesday and am excited about things under DC and CC, more than £25 will NEVER be value for money for any second tier match (notwithstanding inflation).

I wish Wednesday fans would accept this is a football problem and stop taking it as a personal attack in our club. Especially when those same fans used to moan about the price st Leeds.

They battered us after Wallace and Nuhui went off, they missed 2-3 free headers, take off the blinkers even Carlos says that 3 or 4 of our top performers had a off day .

After they scored they had a spell of pressure. One header off the line & one tame shot saved by Westwood. They missed ''free headers'' but they didn't threaten us from them so that's neither here nor there. The chances I named above were the only time they threatened Westwood.

I wouldn't say that's our worst performance in 6. Brentford, the second half, was awful.

And yet we're still winning games. The mark of a top side.

This is the championship and you're not going to dominate games every week for 90 minutes.

We have just chalked off our 4th win in 4, 5 unbeaten...4th round of the FA Cup after battering Newcastle.....and people have the audacity to still moan about prices?

Go to the match, or don't go to the match. It's simple.

If people are that passionate about it then I applaud them for having principles and sticking by them. I really do. But for the love of god use that passion and energy to do something constructive. Write to the club, write to the FA, write to FIFA.....

Yesterday there were protests up and down the country about ticket prices. Nothing happened at Hillsborough because people clearly don't care that much.

Even Preston fans, for all their moaning, brought more than I expected. Would they have taken many more if tickets had been a fiver cheaper? I doubt it. 

Edited by FlyingOwl