Attendance / Ticket prices

that's true...

however with this season being a season of expected 'transition'...

it seems to me, the pricing policy needed to have been somewhat less, and a hell of a lot simpler...

no one should be paying above £40 for a game at hillsborough unless we make the playoff's...

we'd have been up in arms if it happened at lane, or bellend ruwad...

I don't disagree, really I don't.

However! A few more wins and the crowds will increase.

I take no issue with people staying away as a protest, I just want them to see it through.

My gut feeling is they won't.

you haven't read through all the threads if you haven't seen any...

'proper fans', 'gloating' it's been pisspoor...

i very much doubt anyone will trawl through the threads to find the examples...

but as a life long wednesday fan, i've been ashamed at what i've read...

and i'll use the word again, ASHAMED...

your right of opinion personally one I don't agree with

With us getting closer to winter : I'd open the nw corner with £10 tickets. Or offer £20 tickets in the restricted view seats on the kop.

This doesn't necessarily increase attendances, and some of the walk up crowd just buy cheaper tickets than they would have done... The attendance is then the same, only with less revenue for the club. 

There's a limit to what people will pay

I begrudgingly paid £39 on the opening day of the season

But happily blew £200 away at Brentford last week

I'll also happily pay to go to the Arsenal game

But I bet I'll only stump up to pay to go to Hillsborough another 2 or 3 times this season

It's too expensive and it needs sorting out.

Lots of the fans think the ticket pricing is wrong

Lots of the clubs staff (many who are also fans) think the ticket pricing is wrong

Lots of visiting teams fans think the ticket pricing is wrong

Lots of commentators in the national press/media think the ticket pricing is wrong

Fans organisations like Supporters Direct and the FSF think the ticket pricing is wrong

About a dozen fans on here are thoroughly delighted with our ticket pricing and are happy to abuse anybody that questions it.

There's been very little abuse, posts like one above does get people angry though, happily spunk £200 on an away trip but won't purchase a  cheap season ticket given chance and won't commit to club with a membership card which gives discount then they moan about prices.

Saying all that prices are a little ott for casual fan.

Depends on how good a golfer you are

So if a good golfer goes round in par and one goes round 20 over does he have to pay more for being on the course longer  :biggrin:

not so...

i've seen bad golfers rush around a course like madmen takin' 40 over and 'forgettin' to put half of them on the scorecard, before finally throwin' it away and saying "oh! i've not bothered writin' the score down"...

takin' time, is oft' a good reward...

so around 2 hours 30 mins, to 3 hours, for let's say £20ish...

it depends on how many clubs i dispatch on the way around...

no seriously sub £20 if a can...

i won't pay over £25...

and what's 18 holes last in comparison to 94 minutes footy?

about 6 hours over here mate if you get stuck behind 4 swedes .....

your right of opinion personally one I don't agree with

good 4 you... i always believe in everyone having the right to their own opinion, and the right of defending it...

at times when i'm unable to convince you that you're wrong, we have to part in disagreement...

which bit don't you agree with btw?

i very much doubt we'll hold this form...

IF we do then yes i'd expect more to attend, but only when they wish to...

and as i say i'd expect out form to dip 'tween now and christmas...

I think it will improve, we're winning games without playing well for full 90 minutes at moment.

Ticket prices are lower for Hull game with also an offer on for kids which should see a bigger attendance than yesterday.

Probably won't though because some folk would rather spend £20 - £30 down pub to watch it.

I went to the Middlesbrough game for free. My friend is one of them army soldiers and they have free tickets every so often as a sweetener for going into warzones for our corrupt governments. Which is nice. Saves me some dollar bills.

If we keep this sort of form up do you think the crowds will become 24k ?

without wishing to state the bleeding obvious it depends on what he charges .....we become top 6 side and he gets greedy and starts doing 39 quid to go on the kop then no ....maybe just maybe if he keeps it low (ish) then possibly towards the end of the business end of the  season we may  that figure .

Guest Deleted member

expensive yawn one I did contribute to tho

I'm sorry you lost me

And on abuse, I get far more abuse than most from the mentalists on here than I give back.

Now, can we try and stick to the topic?

Guest Deleted member

I went to the Middlesbrough game for free. My friend is one of them army soldiers and they have free tickets every so often as a sweetener for going into warzones for our corrupt governments. Which is nice. Saves me some dollar bills.

There's a fair few on here would have a go at you for not buying a ticket from the club instead of using a ticket you're not entitled to

I think it will improve, we're winning games without playing well for full 90 minutes at moment.

Ticket prices are lower for Hull game with also an offer on for kids which should see a bigger attendance than yesterday.

Probably won't though because some folk would rather spend £20 - £30 down pub to watch it.

let me help you here WWWW, you think we'll improve?

tell me any side in the country, continent, world, who can improve on that...

arsenal's invincibles didn't match that for a 30 game run...

I'd say there has been as much abuse directed at those who refuse to be constantly negative about the club.

Correct, every thread that goes 6 pages or more goes the same way

Hate to get political but it has all been our choice.

Not so long ago the shareholding of the club was spread far and wide. these became a little more concentrated into fewer hands and the supporters society became recipients of 10% of the shareholding. Ultimately to a man (Other than Joe Ashton) we decided to give up that shareholding.

Sorry for pointing out the obvious but you can not influence what you don't control and you can't control what you don't own.

DC has the right to set the prices ... Our choices are Go or not or campaign for change. I'd like the prices to be more affordable but in terms of VFM I appreciate the superior quality of what I'm getting now compared with the last 15 seasons.

I just don't see the point in all the bleating given 30k+ season tickets were offered at very fair prices. Furthermore, I feel the matchday prices would have been considerably lower had the ST take up been higher.