Attendance / Ticket prices

Was it really £39 or was it actually £34? Genuinely don't know the answer, people never seem to make their mind up what number they are quoting.

I'm not suggesting that £34 is acceptable; it isn't. But those who quote the non members prices are being needlessly sensationalist.

But the non members price is the price for the people that the club need to start attending if we're to increase gate receipts?

Will these people buy a membership if they don't yet regularly attend?

I

After they scored they had a spell of pressure. One header off the line & one tame shot saved by Westwood. They missed ''free headers'' but they didn't threaten us from them so that's neither here nor there. The chances I named above were the only time they threatened Westwood.

I wouldn't say that's our worst performance in 6. Brentford, the second half, was awful.

And yet we're still winning games. The mark of a top side.

This is the championship and you're not going to dominate games every week for 90 minutes.

We have just chalked off our 4th win in 4, 5 unbeaten...4th round of the FA Cup after battering Newcastle.....and people have the audacity to still moan about prices?

Go to the match, or don't go to the match. It's simple.

If people are that passionate about it then I applaud them for having principles and sticking by them. I really do. But for the love of god use that passion and energy to do something constructive. Write to the club, write to the FA, write to FIFA.....

Yesterday there were protests up and down the country about ticket prices. Nothing happened at Hillsborough because people clearly don't care that much.

Even Preston fans, for all their moaning, brought more than I expected. Would they have taken many more if tickets had been a fiver cheaper? I doubt it.

Yet another essay.

Yet another narrow minded post.

'Go to the match, or don't go to the match. It's that simple'. Yes, of course it is.

Why do the club want us to be members?

Ive managed 55 yrs without it , ive been in close to 50,000 pay on the gate matches without it.

Why are fans suddenly getting cocky and arrogant talking down to fellow fans because they question it?

Why isn't a fan allowed to complain about the prices in the stand he prefers to go in without sneering cheap shots telling him to sit elsewhere.

And as for the bloke with his Lambogini analogy...... what can you say.

Ticket threads just prove to me how easily some people can be brain washed, proof being in the Arsenal ticket thread with fans wanting the club to charge

over £30 for the plebs but season ticket holders get a discount!!

Ive managed 55 yrs without it , ive been in close to 50,000 pay on the gate matches without it.

Why are fans suddenly getting cocky and arrogant talking down to fellow fans because they question it?

Why isn't a fan allowed to complain about the prices in the stand he prefers to go in without sneering cheap shots telling him to sit elsewhere.

Ticket threads just prove to me how easily some people can be brain washed, proof being in the Arsenal ticket thread with fans wanting the club to charge

Bang on.

Why isn't a fan allowed to complain about the prices in the stand he prefers to go in without sneering cheap shots telling him to sit elsewhere.

50,000 matches in 55 years

Give that bloke a medal.

Edited by McRightSide

Exactly this. Not everyone lives and breaths Wednesday like certain people who spend 24 hours a day logged onto here. There are people who want to see 3,4,5 games a season and for them it's just too much. I really don't agree with havin to shell out money to get a discount on tickets.

Such a shame that we are the best we have been on the pitch In years yet no chuffed bar the diehards will see it

Guest Deleted member

Bang bloody on

As a club we still have significantly more fans who are neither season ticket holder or member

I get most points people are making. 

What I still don't understand is why don't those people, who are incredibly passionate about this subject, do something constructive to help change things. Even if nothing comes of it...at least you know you've tried.

There were mass protests across football stadiums in the country yesterday. Not even a whimper of discontent at Hillsborough though...

I get most points people are making.

What I still don't understand is why don't those people, who are incredibly passionate about this subject, do something constructive to help change things. Even if nothing comes of it...at least you know you've tried.

There were mass protests across football stadiums in the country yesterday. Not even a whimper of discontent at Hillsborough though...

Peope are staying away. I don't feel strongly enough to protest and I don't think it's either necessary or beneficial because DC and his people will make a decision over the course of the season based on revenue generated- not on placards on the kop or letters to the club.

If they feel the ticket prices have been advantageous then they won't change anything- if they feel they've made a mistake they'll rethink things. They're prepared to play the long game because any revenue they've possibly lost so far is largely irrelevant- it's not an amount they need to worry about short term.

Regardless of what an utter clusterfuck I think our ticket prices are I still believe we've fallen lucky with DC and eventually he'll get it right- that doesn't stop me feeling very dissapointed at what's happened this season though.

I don't start threads on here about it (at least I can't remember doing). What I will do though is debate it on here and reply to posts I do and don't agree with, because that's the point of the website.

but when we have had offers on over the last few seasons they haven't

Yes they have.

You're not to get 35000 every week the the Championship regardless of the price, but you would get another 3/4000 every week with more reasonable pricing- probably more for the bigger/more meaningful games.

You're surely not arguing that if you make a product cheaper it doesn't encourage more people to buy it are you?

but when we have had offers on over the last few seasons they haven't

But tbf they always tend to be at specific times of the year when the club is expecting poor gates - just after Christmas or on the run up to christmas etc. Unless you can offer something consistent for a longer period then you can really argue for or against this.

You can't say that at all; you don't figs. From last year's average there is about 3000 missing but prices have gone up more proportionately

Your maths is flawed.

Only about 6,000 from yesterday will have bought a match ticket.

Plus people are taking no account of the current optimism which in usual circumstances would result in crowds going up.

Why isn't a fan allowed to complain about the prices in the stand he prefers to go in without sneering cheap shots telling him to sit elsewhere.

Bang bloody on

As a club we still have significantly more fans who are neither season ticket holder or member

I don't think fans can complain too much that season ticket holders get an offer for the Arsenal game. The season ticket holders are the ones that go week in week out regardless of the opposition so when people turn up for a midweek cup game against Arsenal why shouldn't the season ticket holders get rewarded? They are the ones who will have made up the majority of the crowd for the previous 2 rounds of the competition.

Don't see the problem with the membership either. The club have offered membership for many years, this year the incentive is that there is money off ticket prices.

The main problem I had is that the match day prices should have been announced much earlier to encourage fans to take up the season ticket/membership offers. The season ticket 1st phase offered good value for money but the club did not make fans aware of how much the increases would be.

Yesterday should have been a lower category in my opinion but the club needs to balance this against the value of buying a season ticket, up to and including phase 3 prices.

i've never seen anything split wednesday fans apart like this...

it's obvious to one and all* the ticket prices are over the top...

yet we have those gettin' in cheaper saying the full price is fully justified...

i once asked for those who were posting over ticket prices to state at the top of their post what category they entered the ground under...

no one took me up on it...

i took it from that they we're quite happy to be gettin' in for £28 whilst advocating £40+ wasn't too much for others who weren't true wednesday fans anyway...

i've learnt more about sheffield wednesday support over the last 12 months than over the previous 45 years, sadly it's all been in one direction...

In my opinion the problem with the ticket prices is the membership. Its £30 for a membership. Go to 6 games and you're still no better off. So its not worth it for many. I think the idea was that most people bought memberships, in which case the tickets prices dont seem as unreasonable. But what's actually happened is at £30 most people haven't got memberships and will pick and choose the odd game, at £5 more expensive. Had the memberships been more affordable, lets say £15 I think more people would have bought them and at £5 less the ticket prices would have seemed less extortionate.

In my opinion the problem with the ticket prices is the membership. Its £30 for a membership. Go to 6 games and you're still no better off. So its not worth it for many. I think the idea was that most people bought memberships, in which case the tickets prices dont seem as unreasonable. But what's actually happened is at £30 most people haven't got memberships and will pick and choose the odd game, at £5 more expensive. Had the memberships been more affordable, lets say £15 I think more people would have bought them and at £5 less the ticket prices would have seemed less extortionate.

For regular fans who buy shirts and merchandise, you get a fiver to spend when you receive the card plus 5% back on any purchases.

So really you only need to go a maximum of 4 times to get your money back.

I cant understand why the fans who only attend the odd game want the maximum discounts or benefits.

50,000?

1000 games a season. That is hardcore.

In all honesty, I see no harm in membership. Rewards a little bit of loyalty. But I understand the argument against it based upon tradition.

And a large part would.

Following the thread of this argument, I'm not sure I agree. The original point was that there are a lot more fans that didn't have membership than had a season tickets or membership. This is probably true as we have a lot more people who would identify themselves as Wednesday fans than the 20,000 or so who have season tickets and membership. Probably at least 10 times as many.

Given that of these hundreds of thousands of people only a few thousand turn up when it is £10 a ticket, I don't think it would be accurate to say a large percentage would regularly attend at £20 a ticket.

Regardless of this though, I do believe that £20 would be a fair price.