Attendance / Ticket prices

Just over 20k today with a reasonable away following but £39.00 dump to go in the south ?

Sorry but no matter how you look at it, its just not value .

Could always join membership and sit on kop for £28.

£25 next game v Hull.

Tickets prices are just not value for money.

But I'll sit in the most expensive stand we have.

Logic.

Just so we all know, I agree that ticket prices are expensive, to expensive.

I also accept there is roger all we can do about it.

Next season I won't be able to get a ST as I'll be splitting my time between here and the US, I'll just pick my games, and go when I can afford to.

I won't sit on a forum making weekly threads about it.

Edited by BD2OWL

I paid £33 yesterday. I will go to maybe 5 games at home and maybe a few away as it's expensive so membership seems pointless at £30. I don't tend to go as often any more and see it more as a day out and a treat. I used to find myself getting wound up at games when we were terrible so now I just like to try and enjoy the game and day out even if we are crap. I didn't mind £33 as it won't be all that often I go and I enjoyed it. However those who are planning on attending 10+ games I do feel sorry for paying walk up prices. It's just too much. I completely agree with the £20 is plenty.

I just hope if/when we get to the premier league the club has the sense to being the ticket prices down vastly. The amount of revenue we bring in from other avenues will dwarf ticket income and it would be great getting 30-40k fans going to the games with smiles on their faces, feeling optimistic instead of people miserable and already in a mood before a balls kicked.

Do you what I paid 50 to go in the family stand bit. With the little un, yesterday.

Bought him a shirt, bought a shirt myself.

Spent a chugging fortune.

However if they serve up that kind of game when/if I can afford/have the time to go I'll gladly pay it.

Edited by Maddogbob

No matter what else happens this season, the ticket prices have ruined it for a lot of people. It is the number one major issue going on at the club (and probably in English football in general) the moment. Are we really going to have these tiresome demands that people stop talking about it after every match?

For me this season has been the first time that it's been impossible to pretend that Wednesday aren't just another part of the diseased mess that is modern football. A product to be sold to Chinese and Arabs rather than a sports club with it's head and heart in the local community. People who actually want to go to the game are just a minor extra revenue stream and a useful source of crowd noise and 'atmosphere' for the TV cameras. ÃŒt's a safe bet some accountant somewhere has already considered the possibility of just CGIing people in to save on the stadium maintenence...

If we ever do get promoted to the Premiership it will be ten times worse.

But hey, let's not talk about it in case it makes us look like bad 'supporters' or something....

There was plenty of seats in the kop and north where it's cheaper. My advice would be sit in one of those stands instead?

Took the words out of my mouth... Complaining about prices so go in most expensive stand....makes sense.. Not.

Choose the most expensive stand

Don't become a member

Moan about ticket prices

lol

Members buying tickets for South stand against Arsenal are getting £11 of £30 outlay back for just one game, another 4 games and they're in profit.

Was it really £39 or was it actually £34? Genuinely don't know the answer, people never seem to make their mind up what number they are quoting.

I'm not suggesting that £34 is acceptable; it isn't. But those who quote the non members prices are being needlessly sensationalist.

Quoting an actual price is needlessly sensationalist? Games like yesterday would have been a great chance to win back some casual fans. Beautiful morning, team on a winning run - just the sort of scenario when people decide to go to a game on the spur of the moment. Categories and membership schemes and high prices work against that. I don't think we need categories in this division - most games are much of a muchness.

Guest DontblametheRef

No matter what else happens this season, the ticket prices have ruined it for a lot of people. It is the number one major issue going on at the club (and probably in English football in general) the moment. Are we really going to have these tiresome demands that people stop talking about it after every match?

For me this season has been the first time that it's been impossible to pretend that Wednesday aren't just another part of the diseased mess that is modern football. A product to be sold to Chinese and Arabs rather than a sports club with it's head and heart in the local community. People who actually want to go to the game are just a minor extra revenue stream and a useful source of crowd noise and 'atmosphere' for the TV cameras. ÃŒt's a safe bet some accountant somewhere has already considered the possibility of just CGIing people in to save on the stadium maintenence...

If we ever do get promoted to the Premiership it will be ten times worse.

But hey, let's not talk about it in case it makes us look like bad 'supporters' or something....

I'll second that well said UTO