That McGugan goal!

It was great to finish the game off, but it did take a massive deflection off their defender, which stops it being a perfect goal, I suppose. I'm not sure it would have lobbed the keeper without the deflection, to be honest.

Regardless of that, it's brilliant to be debating whether Lewis McGugan deserves a starting place, considering he was by far our best midfielder when he first joined last season.

Ah OK, I didn't notice that from the North.

Just not bothered...

McGugan is a quality player capable of moments of brilliance.

Rather have him in our squad than lining up against him, he's not found consistency this season, so he's not in the side.

Coming off the bench into that game was always going to be difficult, Preston were playing well and on top.

However, rather than look at the negatives id rather look at his goal and be happy that we picked up another 3 points.

Each to their own i suppose.

#sillytwats

What makes someone a sillytwat for looking at his full performance rather than just his lob?

Also Preston weren't on top when he came on, he aided it though by failing to run until he'd scored.

Moments of quality are why he should always be on the bench minimum. He wins you games and scores goal at the right time. His work rate isn't what Lee or Bannans is but he offers more goals and attacking threat and it's nice to have such different options for once. He's scored 3 goals this season and I reckon that makes him joint top scorer and he has barely played!

What makes someone a sillytwat for looking at his full performance rather than just his lob?

Also Preston weren't on top when he came on, he aided it though by failing to run until he'd scored.

No true, but it was obvious that the ball was less sticky up front.   Joao is brilliant running at a ball but when Nuhiu went off the defence was put under more pressure.   

Nuhiu might not be the long term answer to what we need moving forward but he does get missed when he isn't on the pitch - and today even as a Nuhiu apologist I thought he had a poor game.   Still it made a huge difference him coming off.

Yeah. Lets turn this into another Nuhiu thread.

Sorry!