That McGugan goal!

Guest TommyTank

What, last season where he still barely put tackles in and had an average work-rate, while trying to play to force a permanent move away from somewhere he'd be frozen out? Yeah, I do. Like I say, absolutely fantastic in an attacking sense, offers very little defensively- which is why the bench were going bananas at him for the majority of his time on the field... a lack of work-rate isn't due to lack of form, that's laziness. 

As for "growing up", you're the one who's posting in every thread with the same anger that someone who had just been pooped on would give- are you secretly 13 and just been rejected by the hot girl in class or something? Blimey, breathe in... out... there we go

I take it you didnt want him to sign in the summer then?

I think we should terminate his contract then.

Either that or let it f'kin go and enjoy the 3 points.

Are you sure it is me overreacting and not you? lol

Don't say somebody played badly on a football forum when he obviously did?

McGugan is a good player but nothing wrong with saying that today he was terrible when he obviously was.

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt

I take it you didnt want him to sign in the summer then?

I wanted him to sign in summer, I'm glad he signed in summer. 

I'd suggest going to specsavers (Other opticians are available), as you seem to be ignoring the bit where I say that he's the best we have in the squad at a particular role and just focusing on the bit where I'm pointing out his flaws.

He didn't play well today, in no way does he deserve to start over any of the starting 11 today... but I'm sure glad we have someone like him available in the squad 

Guest TommyTank

I wanted him to sign in summer, I'm glad he signed in summer. 

I'd suggest going to specsavers (Other opticians are available), as you seem to be ignoring the bit where I say that he's the best we have in the squad at a particular role and just focusing on the bit where I'm pointing out his flaws.

He didn't play well today, in no way does he deserve to start over any of the starting 11 today... but I'm sure glad we have someone like him available in the squad 

I haven't said he played well, but he did what he's good at, creating things and actually scoring goals, he's a match winner.

Oh for a James O'Connor.

Basically anyone that thinks he should be in our side over any of the midfield players that started today know nothing about football.

Can see why CC wanted to play him in the 10 role, pretty much take away any defensive responsibility.

Guest TommyTank

What did he create?  He scored in an open net!  

The game passed him by when he came on.

Scoring in an open net from 45 yards is decent.

Making sure of the 3 points is better.

Also the winner against Newcastle was ok.

Guest TommyTank

the point is it was a spur of the moment piece of magic many players wouldn't have thought of it let alone do it lets cellebrate the goal if it had been the winner this place would be rocking ,

I don't get why the first thing these muppets are thinking about are coming on here and slagging him off for scoring the goal.

Joke.

Great goal.

However that was one of the worst subs appearances I have ever seen.

His attitude was absolutely terrible. The bench were going mad at him for his lack of work rate. This resulted in them eventually swapping him with Lee because they were so exasperated with his lack of work rate.

Then he gave Hunt no support and we got killed on the wing.

Most fans probably didn't even notice all this and the goal means he is God.

I agree. We were coasting up until the point of the subs coming on. Nothing would stick up top with the loss of Nuhiu and Lee was moved out wide to accommodate Magugan whose work rate was shocking. Preston looked certs for walking away with an undeserved point. Credit LM with a quality goal but I now understand why he is on the bench

+ where were the defensive responsibilities at home to Bristol when he cleared off his own goaline and then run the full length of the pitch (on the break) to score a goal. FFS!

Owlstalk makes me laugh.

Nobody is disputing McGugans quality.

But he doesn't get in the team.

Everybody must surely understand why after today.

People point this out and some people go into meltdown lol

McGugan is the best player we've got, and the side should be built around him. Simple as that. He's hardly played this season, but in the short time on the pitch he's scored a brilliant goal against Bristol City, the winner at Newcastle and the goal of the season today.

That lad is class. In terms of who to drop, difficult one. My concern with Hutch is that he plays too deep, almost as a third centre half. We have too many players wanting to take the ball off the back 4, rather than have an impact in the final third.

McGugan feeding Joao and FF could be lethal.