That McGugan goal!

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Some lemons on here.   McGugan sounded like he was poor when he came on but lets focus on the positives....a wonder goal to seal the 3 points.  What a great option to come off the bench with quality like that in his locker.  Nobody is suggesting that we leave out Lee to play him.

Secondly, why the negatives for Atdhe again?  We sounded pudding when Joao came on for him which seems to be a running theme this season.  Whenever the big man is not on the pitch, we are worse off regardless of his faults.

Finally, those of you who are talking about CC stopping the rotation system.  He hasn't and he won't.  The ONLY reason there has been little rotation is because we had no midweek game.  There will be a huge amount of rotation after the international break with 5 games in 18 days.

How about we all chill out and enjoy ANOTHER 3 points...and yes that is coming from me!  lol

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

McGugan is the best player we've got, and the side should be built around him. Simple as that. He's hardly played this season, but in the short time on the pitch he's scored a brilliant goal against Bristol City, the winner at Newcastle and the goal of the season today.

That lad is class. In terms of who to drop, difficult one. My concern with Hutch is that he plays too deep, almost as a third centre half. We have too many players wanting to take the ball off the back 4, rather than have an impact in the final third.

McGugan feeding Joao and FF could be lethal.

I don't see how you can possibly get McGugan AND two strikers in the same team week in week out.

Your best 11 players rarely make the best team and at the moment he isn't in Carvahal's team.

Let's be right about this though, despite my criticism of him today, I am sure over the course of a 50+ game season, he will start plenty of matches.

I don't see how you can possibly get McGugan AND two strikers in the same team week in week out.

Your best 11 players rarely make the best team and at the moment he isn't in Carvahal's team.

Let's be right about this though, despite my criticism of him today, I am sure over the course of a 50+ game season, he will start plenty of matches.

I thought he was average today, but the lad is getting 20 minutes here and there. McGugan is a match winner, and we haven't got 11 players better than him. Class act, and we must find a spot for him in this team.

Some lemons on here.   McGugan sounded like he was poor when he came on but lets focus on the positives....a wonder goal to seal the 3 points.  What a great option to come off the bench with quality like that in his locker.  Nobody is suggesting that we leave out Lee to play him.

Secondly, why the negatives for Atdhe again?  We sounded pudding when Joao came on for him which seems to be a running theme this season.  Whenever the big man is not on the pitch, we are worse off regardless of his faults.

Finally, those of you who are talking about CC stopping the rotation system.  He hasn't and he won't.  The ONLY reason there has been little rotation is because we had no midweek game.  There will be a huge amount of rotation after the international break with 5 games in 18 days.

How about we all chill out and enjoy ANOTHER 3 points...and yes that is coming from me!  lol

Why do people always have to focus on one thing?

Why focus on his wonder goal or his terrible performance?

Why not be happy to mention both? He was terrible but scored a great goal.

You lot always like it black or white.

I didn't want him to sign in the summer, thought we could do a lot better for the money and if you look back at my posts you will find them. Looking at our squad without him and I think I'm right, we don't need him.

I recognised his flaws last season but what has made me take a real dislike to him this season is his 'self centred I know best' attitude. On that performance he doesn't though, if only he'd listen he could have made that number 10 role his own now

I'll not be disappointed if he never plays for us again

Edited by Ash76

I thought he was average today, but the lad is getting 20 minutes here and there. McGugan is a match winner, and we haven't got 11 players better than him. Class act, and we must find a spot for him in this team.

Come on, average?

He was that bad at the job he was brought on to do they moved him after 10 minutes. Lee had a right go at McGugsn as well, did nobody see that or does everybody just follow the ball like 5 year olds when they play?

I didn't want him to sign in the summer, thought we could do a lot better for the money. Looking at our squad without him and I think I'm right, we don't need him.

I recognised his flaws last season but what has made me take a real dislike to him this season is his 'self centred I know best' attitude. On that performance he doesn't though, if only he'd listen he could have made that number 10 role his own now

I've read some tripe on here over the years, but this frigger wins the a Ballon D'or for utter bobbar.

I've read some tripe on here over the years, but this frigger wins the a Ballon D'or for utter bobbar.

Build a team around him

lol

I didn't want him to sign in the summer, thought we could do a lot better for the money and if you look back at my posts you will find them. Looking at our squad without him and I think I'm right, we don't need him.

Who's better for 350k lol

3 goals already from sub apps.

Fantastic player to have in the squad. Can score goals and change games. He cleared one off the line then ran up and scored against Bristol.

Fantastic player to have in the squad. Can score goals and change games. He cleared one off the line then ran up and scored against Bristol.

He hasn't got a clue, ignore him. It's like debating with a PowerRanger.

It's not about 350k, it's about 20 f u ckin grand a week and all because the vast majority of our fans that don't know enough about the game almost demanded his signature