James Wilson

Guest wilyfox

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says young striker James Wilson will not go out on loan before December.

The 19-year-old was not in the squad for Wednesday's 3-0 win over Ipswich in the Capital One Cup, but there is no loan move pending.

Van Gaal said he has "doubts" about whether it would be worthwhile loaning the player to a Championship club, and for that reason he will wait for two months before making a decision.

"I have talked with him and I think we wait until December," the United boss told a press conference on Friday.

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says young striker James Wilson will not go out on loan before December.

The 19-year-old was not in the squad for Wednesday's 3-0 win over Ipswich in the Capital One Cup, but there is no loan move pending.

Van Gaal said he has "doubts" about whether it would be worthwhile loaning the player to a Championship club, and for that reason he will wait for two months before making a decision.

"I have talked with him and I think we wait until December," the United boss told a press conference on Friday.

Let him out on loan you weird melted face.

He's not going to get near the first team in the near future

Guest TommyTank

BREAKING NEWS Manchester United striker James Wilson signs new contract until June 2019 with option for a further year #SSNHQ

Normally followed by 'and signs on loan for ...............................'.

Guest wilyfox

I'll be interested to see how he gets on. Reckon it could easily go either way for him; take the division by storm, or get bumped from pillar to post. Obvious talent and pace, but lightweight and it's his first loan spell away.

I'll be interested to see how he gets on. Reckon it could easily go either way for him; take the division by storm, or get bumped from pillar to post. Obvious talent and pace, but lightweight and it's his first loan spell away.

Completely agree. If you offered me Gary Hooper or him I would choose Hooper every day of the week.

It's not like Hooper is one who bullies defenders with his strength. I'd probably rather have had Hooper start of season but didn't reaise he had a bad injury and doesn't look properly fit yet. Therefore I'd rather have Wilson, but agree that Hooper is the proven player so he should still come good.