James Wilson

Guest wilyfox

Guest wilyfox

It's not like Hooper is one who bullies defenders with his strength. I'd probably rather have had Hooper start of season but didn't reaise he had a bad injury and doesn't look properly fit yet. Therefore I'd rather have Wilson, but agree that Hooper is the proven player so he should still come good.

Hooper may not bully them, but he is stronger and has plenty of experience working defenders at this level. Like I said, could go either way for the lad Wilson. Set the championship alight or look a boy amongst men.

Guest wilyfox

You don't have to be big build to succeed on football. Where has this presumption come from?

He's very highly rated at Man Utd hence why he got his debut so early and has been coveted and carefully managed as a player. Potential England international for me.

Time will tell. He'll either run rings around people, or snap in half. The championship is a very physical league - as Stevie May found out last season when he was outmuscled a lot. Barkley and Wickham came to us with athletic build. I think that helps players at this level - especially younger inexperienced ones.

Meh we're gunna sign better in January

Not so sure,  I honestly believe the best policy right now is to push what we have at our disposal.   It's too easy now to get into the mindset that a transfer window is approaching and we can improve, yes we can improve but probably only at great cost.

We can actually improve within, not without.   That is improve with what we have at our disposal right now.   I don't think this core of players have hit top form yet.

You're right, he's a tank..

You seen anything of him other than a picture? I have and he's reasonably strong on the ball and pace to burn, he'll do well

Guest wilyfox

You seen anything of him other than a picture? I have and he's reasonably strong on the ball and pace to burn, he'll do well

Against kids his own age, mostly. I'm sure many of us have seen him play - even if only on MOTD. The boy has talent, but he's no Michael Owen. The nature of the championship is different to the premier league. The prem is all pace and dynamic movement - which suits Wilson well. The champ is a little slower and more in-your-face. He'll need to learn to cope with the physicality - just like Will Keane has had to.