lewis mcgugan paterity leave?

Fathers are entitled to have 2 weeks paid paternity leave, but I've never known a footballer to actually take that time off before.

I agree that Forestieri would be a better fit for the number 10 role, but I'd also say that McGugan is a better option for a central midfield role in the Championship than Lopez.

Guest Deleted member

Fathers are entitled to have 2 weeks paid paternity leave, but I've never known a footballer to actually take that time off before.

I agree that Forestieri would be a better fit for the number 10 role, but I'd also say that McGugan is a better option for a central midfield role in the Championship than Lopez.

Agreed

I wouldn't pick either McGugan or López over Lee at the moment though. I also think Hutchinson has made a decent start to this season (apart from yesterday's rash challenge which lead to their first), and is better suited to the holding role.

Not sure how effective McGugan would be in a wider role in midfield either, and in any case I wouldn't pick him over Wallace, so if McGugan is to be in the side on Tuesday I think it'd be at the expense of Bannan, and maybe Bannan will need a rest anyway seen as he's not played much this season.

Even so, if Bannan is rested, I'd rather see Sougou or Matias come back in because they're more naturally suited to playing wide.

Lee is currently keeping McGugan and Lopez out of the first 11, and any one of these, if selected, will probably be keeping the other 2 out. 

Anything beyond that is unhelpful speculation.

YMMV but I think competition for starting places is good.

Edited by WC1Owl

Lee is currently keeping McGugan and Lopez out of the first 11, and any one of these, if selected, will probably be keeping the other 2 out. 

Anything beyond that is unhelpful speculation.

YMMV but I think competition for starting places is good.

So Lewis McGugan isn't even good enough for the bench?

How the f.ook are we bottom half?

So Lewis McGugan isn't even good enough for the bench?

How the f.ook are we bottom half?

After six games, and we could easily be top half in a week. 

You don't get to put all your best players on the bench because you need cover for various positions.

ehh, you know what I meant. All your best players not in the starting XI. You also don't get to put your XI best players in your starting XI, or we'd have had Westwood and Kirkland on the pitch every game last season.

lol I do know what you mean mate..but McGugan..not even worth the bench...does that not strike you as odd

Guest totemowl

When i heard the CC interview i thought he said that the committee had told him a certain player was signed to play the number 10 role , presumably Mcgugan, but when played there it hadn't worked and the player preferred to play elsewhere.

Matias.

It's all part and parcel of CC beginning to get to know some of his first picks. This will change as does individual form.

We will get there, do we have to have an on going inquest just because many of you fail to grasp the finer points of the game.

And why are you confident we'll get there? I don't understand how people who have faith CC will get it right are getting their optimism from. Where's the evidence or his track record. I hope he does but it'll be against the odds.

It's all part and parcel of CC beginning to get to know some of his first picks. This will change as does individual form.

We will get there, do we have to have an on going inquest just because many of you fail to grasp the finer points of the game.

We have the ongoing inquest Nev because it doesn't seem to be working, We are 19th in the league...Now maybe you presume to know the "finer" aspects of the game...but we all bloody watch it, and all have an opinion on it...

No f.ooker takes any notice of folk who espouse to "Know the game" better than them..its all bloody hot air mate..

Finer points of the game..Jekyll and Hyde performances....A manager who's track record says summatt like 13 clubs in 14 years..and a bad start...prices hiked up to ludicrous proportions..and we can't question it?

Give over mate....