lewis mcgugan paterity leave?

lol I do know what you mean mate..but McGugan..not even worth the bench...does that not strike you as odd

Maybe a little, based on his peak contributions last season, but I'm not sure there's been that much to choose between him and Lopez this.

Maybe a little, based on his peak contributions last season, but I'm not sure there's been that much to choose between him and Lopez this.

I think its something a little deeper mate

If McGugans refusing to play..he wants binning, theres no excuse for that...

If CC does not deem him good enough even for the bench?..I think we have a right to question that....

Question by all means but negativity becomes a self fulfilling prophecy particularly when only stopping for breath to find a new flavour of the month in terms of scapegoating individual players.

By all accounts yesterdays performance was a step forward (yeah zero points, stealing your thunder there) but  DC has invested heavily in in depth quality. No manager on earth would immediately be able to put together a fully functioning side in such a short space of time. All i.m saying is give the bloke room to breath rather than choking him of breathing space.

Give the players a break too, they'll benefit from it. 

Question by all means but negativity becomes a self fulfilling prophecy particularly when only stopping for breath to find a new flavour of the month in terms of scapegoating individual players.

By all accounts yesterdays performance was a step forward (yeah zero points, stealing your thunder there) but DC has invested heavily in in depth quality. No manager on earth would immediately be able to put together a fully functioning side in such a short space of time. All i.m saying is give the bloke room to breath rather than choking him of breathing space.

Give the players a break too, they'll benefit from it.

You said we will get there. That's what I question. I do believe the players should be given some slack - I don't think one bad game e.g should mean getting rid of Palmer or Loovens. Show a bit of faith in them and if they have the ability they'll come through. Getting rid after one game when things don't work encourages a play safe mentality where the aim is simply to avoid obvious mistakes rather than trying to express yourself and go for it.

But I'm not convinced if you look at our squad overall it can become an obvious play off making team - despite all the comings and goings - and I'm really not convinced CC is the man to turn what the committee give him into a successful side. We signed 11 players up until the pre deadline week and only 1 of them made yesterday's starting line up.

I think now we have him we have to let him have a go - he's not in the same bracket as a Hockaday when Cellino obviously came to his senses and got rid - but I do think it was a strange appointment so I'm not optimistic. If there are signs - especially at Hillsborough - that we're playing attacking aggressive football then I think the fans will be patient as we were with BFR because we're crying out for something to spark off. But that's the people in the ground and crowds could be embarrassingly below United's which could put pressure on him.

Edited by rickygoo

Guest totemowl

We have the ongoing inquest Nev because it doesn't seem to be working, We are 19th in the league...Now maybe you presume to know the "finer" aspects of the game...but we all bloody watch it, and all have an opinion on it...

No f.ooker takes any notice of folk who espouse to "Know the game" better than them..its all bloody hot air mate..

Finer points of the game..Jekyll and Hyde performances....A manager who's track record says summatt like 13 clubs in 14 years..and a bad start...prices hiked up to ludicrous proportions..and we can't question it?

Give over mate....

No. Didn't seem to be working when Megson came back did it. What a torrid time that was! Worse football than we have now for a good half the season.

Got promoted the following season.

Lopez not playing either - he could be the mystery player.

Didn't Carlos say he would not sign loans who would not get in the team otherwise it is a waste of a loan?

Can't see Lopez being identified as someone to play the number 10 role.

CC did say that about loan players though. I agree with the sentiment but don't think he is likely to fulfill it as I can't see Sasso playing too many more league games with 3 centre-backs ahead of him and even Hunt has already been in and out of the side.

do we have to have a defensive midfielder ? mcgugan for hutchinson, in fact id rather play with ten men than have Hutchinson and his crap tackles in the team

Thank god, someone else who doesn't like Hutch too. I don't get it. The only time he ever does anything is when he's giving away stupid fouls! I don't understand the craze with him

Fathers are entitled to have 2 weeks paid paternity leave, but I've never known a footballer to actually take that time off before.

I agree that Forestieri would be a better fit for the number 10 role, but I'd also say that McGugan is a better option for a central midfield role in the Championship than Lopez.

I agree but its a moot point given that Lopez isn't getting into the side neither. 

PARKLIFE

An unnecessary sacking and cost of recruitment can be avoided by adopting a policy that is commonly known as......