lewis mcgugan paterity leave?

Guest Deleted member

Anybody still buying the paternity leave line?

After CC publicly stated a player has said he won't play where he wants him to play?

The grammar in these last three posts is making me feel physically sick lol

lol

Guest Ellis Rimmer

if thats what has happened

I'd rip up his contact and refuse to pay him

Footballers have massive egos

is it in his contract to play attacking midfielder in the hole just behind the striker in the 2nd line of midfield though?

Wasn't it more a case of a player saying he can't play in the position he's being played, rather than refusing to play?

That's how I ultimately understood it after hearing the interview. I think there was a tweet by Staton prior to the interview being released that fanned the flames though.

For me, Lee and Hutchinson are currently in the team ahead of McGugan, López, and Semedo on merit, and I don't really see the problem with McGugan not being in the side. He was poor against Reading and Ipswich.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

(If the rumours are true) CC bought him to play as a number 10.  He doesn't want to/is refusing.  If I was the manager, I would probably leave him out too.

Carlos said 'he can no longer play there'. That's Carlos saying that he won't be playing him there, nothing about the player, whoever it was, EVER saying he 'refused' or any carp like that

CC also said something like the player doesn't like playing there, and certainly not, as you say, that he refused to play there.

So all things considered it's understandable that Carvalhal is not going to be so keen on playing that player in that position. And if that player spoken about was McGugan, then I would be inclined to agree that Forestieri is a much better and more suitable player for the no.10 role.