How many SWFC players could be at Euro 2016?

Having a look at the fixtures come in tonight and some of the tables and there is some serious potential for a fair few of our players to make a name for themselves on the global stage next summer.

Daniel Pudil - 27 caps and 2 goals for Czech Republic who have already qualified, surely a full season of regular football even at Championship level could earn him his spot, aren't many big names in that Czech defence. 

Lucas Joao - Seems to be highly thought of in Portugal, scored goals for U21's, a good season in English football showing he can score goals might be worth a gamble in the senior side for the euros.

Coalan Lavery - Looking at that Northen Ireland team I honestly cannot believe Lavery isn't getting game time, there best player is Lafferty who couldn't get a sniff last year when Norwich were in the Championship. And they're bringing on players like Shane Ferguson from Millwall or strikers for Aberdeen....surely if Lavery gets game time this year at this level will secure a place maybe even a starting spot if he starts finding the net.

Westwood - As much as I love the man, Shay Given is a hero in Ireland and pretty much undroppable, if he has a season like last year though will defiantly be making the trip to France. Would be shocked if he isn't picked in favour of Randolph or Forde.

Potentially 4 SWFC players at the Euros next year and would be fantastic to see some of our players there and actually getting game time, can't remember when we've had decent players representing their country at International tournaments!

Lavery won't be anywhere near the Ireland or Wednesday team this season

He'll be in the squad

If Paddy McCourt can make the NI squad...

About Westwood. Been ridiculously treated in the national set-up. Spent the last couple of years playing second fiddle to David Forde, who's absolute guff.

Westwood started in the friendly against England past june, but was brought off at half time in place of golden boy Given.

Ridiculous scenes.

Edited by Tommo_SWFC

Westwood would be there but I doubt Ireland are going to qualify in all honesty. IF they did qualify Ireland would go with 3 goalkeepers and they SHOULD be Given, Randolph & Westwood. 

Pudil been used mainly as a left winger for his nation when called upon. Dunno who they have in that position instead of him.

I see no reason for Tom Lees not to be called up by England either....lol

Westwood would be there but I doubt Ireland are going to qualify in all honesty. IF they did qualify Ireland would go with 3 goalkeepers and they SHOULD be Given, Randolph & Westwood. 

Pudil been used mainly as a left winger for his nation when called upon. Dunno who they have in that position instead of him.

I see no reason for Tom Lees not to be called up by England either.... lol

Looks likely Ireland will have to qualify via playoffs, depends who they get really could be Estonia/Hungary....or someone like Turkey/Croatia luck of the draw for them!

If we're talking SWFC defenders that deserve a call up, Evra has been sketchy for France this year.......that only leaves the obvious suggestion, Jeremy

:manager:

Mathieu, Barca's  finest French fullback!

Edited by Del_Liles