Official Loan Window Transfer Rumours Mega Thread

If the prospect of a Wembley final has persuaded the, already reluctant, Guedioura, that a loan move to Hillsborough isn't what he wants, then maybe we'll turn our attention to Gibson? Certainly I favoured the former, over the latter, he's a better fit for us at the moment, and doesn't seem to have the fitness issues that Gibsons had. However, we will now be missing Bannan, and with Hutchinson only playing every other game, Gibson, who is available, might strengthen us. An obvious concern would be the length of time it might take to get him up to speed.

The other thing with Darron Gibson, is that I believe he is out of contract at the end of the season. If Guedioura is definitely a no go, then maybe we should have a look at Gibson. He should have the motivation with a place at the Euros, and a new contract, either at Everton, or elsewhere to play for. At least we'd know whether he would be worth offering a contract to, based on what he did between now and May.

If Hutch comes into the frame again Saturday and Lopez steps up I think we will be ok. Think a tackling midfielder is all we lack once Hutch is out. Especially with Bazza being out too.

You do know that Kieran Lee made more tackles against Forest than any other player has in a championship match this season, with 13.

Probably too late for Gibson this season. He's hardly had a kick. We needed to do it sooner in his case.

My thoughts too, which was why I preferred Guedioura. Maybe we didn't sign Gibson, because we were waiting for the Watford guy? Has we have signed Gibson when we signed McGeady, he might have been up to speed by now, and able to slot straight into Bannan's place. We could do with bringing someone in though, as I'm not convinced by Lopez

Edited by gurujuan

Guest wilyfox

My thoughts too, which was why I preferred Guedioura. Maybe we didn't sign Gibson, because we were waiting for the Watford guy? Has we have signed Gibson when we signed McGeady, he might have been up to speed by now, and able to slot straight into Bannan's place. We could do with bringing someone in though, as I'm not convinced by Lopez

Lopez is capable. Not saying he's Lee/Bannan standard, but his performance against Derby was excellent: and if he can do that against the likes of Thorne, Johnson, and Butterfield then we shouldn't be worried.

I think we are fairly well covered in most positions , Just another proven striker to take the pressure off Hooper and Fessi would be good.

Like Ricky Lambert? Been told to watch this space or was it the other space?!

You do know that Kieran Lee made more tackles against Forest than any other player has in a championship match this season, with 13.

Yes I have seen that stat and I know the stats show he is one of if not the highest tackler in the league. Problem is, there's only one of him!

Will we make moves to boost the squad before the deadline, or will we stick with what we have? If everyone remains available, we should probably have enough to make the play offs. However, we already know that is unlikely to be the case. Although we appear to have a large squad, injury and disciplinary problems will never be far away. Another sending off for Forestieri, or Hutchinson, could see them both missing extra matches, on top of the usual ban. A gritty midfielder, and another goalscorer, seem to be the areas identified by Carlos, but his primary targets appear reluctant to come.

Brilliant player, shame the temptation of playing for the mighty blavges will be too much for him in the summer