Who do you want the most?

Guest wadsleyjackowl

Vydra all day long. After watching that goals vid TheOwlsman posted on another thread.....i'm convinced he's the nearest to a modern day David Hirst there is. Not afraid to shoot from anywhere, 2 footed (although DH favoured his left was still unafraid to let rip with the right), tenacious etc. Kids got the lot & only 23 yr old. I'd risk up to £8m on him all day long, in fact, risk the £10m we'd have paid for McCormack.

I firmly believe this guy would put bums on seats!

Edited by wadsleyjackowl

It's interesting because Gayle would, on attributes alone be the striker we have been talking about wanting for years. Pacey, plays off the shoulder of the defender, natural finisher, can beat a man, comfortable with the ball at his feet, young and wouldn't cost an absolute fortune and would represent good business. 

A 6 mill bid a piece for both Gayle and Vydra could realistically perk both Palaces and Watford's attention. Watford had a deal agreed that after Vydras loan last year they would sign him irrespective of the new manager who clearly doesn't see him in his plans to recoup the money they paid would be seen as a smart option and it seems Gayle is even further down the pecking order at Palace and obviously Bristol had a bid accepted at this rate so this is clearly his valuation.
I would offer Blackburn 10 mill plus a player as a take it or leave it bid for Rhodes no more. We all know what this player is about and would be a brilliant signing but anything over that for him is a big gamble as it could be argued that our lack of creativity still remains at this present moment. 

Back in the real world, anyone of these players would be a stark improvement on our current striking options in the sense that all bring proven championship goal scoring ability.
For me its going to be Gayle. 

Edited by matt_johno43

Its going to get interesting today,for sure

Yea for me chansiri seems very savvy, might do a man city and wait for the last minute to announce we are here. Like they did with robinho, but even better as we have built the squad before the marquee signing. maximum media exposure for the club that way, everyne loves a big deal at the wire. All the under the radar signings seen to be done anyways.

Vydra or Rhodes 

I believe its going to be Rhodes 

The Ross mac bid is BS and a smokescreen, I was told Rhodes 2 months ago was number 1 target, Hooper was about 90% done deal last week, things move fast in this game, agents mainly 

Its Wednesday though, we'll probably end up singing none of em  :laugh: