Hooper

What do you expect when trying to loan a £5m striker? Ain't gonna come cheap, is he?! If we want the firepower to make us contenders this season, it'll cost a hefty wedge. We're effectively having to buy a year of an expensive player's contract.

Gray just cost Burnley a 9mil fee on a 3yr deal, that's 3mil per annum + his salary which will probably be upwards of 1mil. That's £4m+ for the season; by contrast, 1.7 for Hooper this year is decent value.

Cant we sign decent young players that will increase in value ?If we can,t what the hell is Roeder doing.

Guest wilyfox

Cant we sign decent young players that will increase in value ?If we can,t what the hell is Roeder doing.

We've already done that with Joao - and supposedly May and Bus, if they actually come good. Our quest is for the proven forward needed, ready-made to deliver now.

Edited by wilyfox

Thing is...the new TV deal for the Prem kicks in season. 

That's why a lot of clubs in the Championship are coughing up huge transfer fees and wages. 

Paying 32k a week in the Championship seems farcical to me, but then it probably is no different to what a lot of teams are doing already. 

Would love him to come as he's a goalscorer. But is he really a big no 10 type player? He's a player that likes balls played through and to play off a big man whenever I've watched him. I wonder if he signs may it cause a change of formation with him playing alongside Joao.

If Hooper joins it will be interesting to see the current setup with Hooper, Matias and Sougou up front. Whether it will perform much better as I suspect, or if the lack of a big target man will indeed be a problem

Three players with movement and pace.

That's what you need for 4-3-3 to work.

Everybody goes on about a big target man but most of the best teams in Eurooe don't have one. If they do he usually has some pace.