Hooper

People banging on about pace, i agree to an extent but why not stick Helan up top? Its not just about pace.

Its correct that we don't need a 6ft 5inch striker either, they tend to be immobile.

We have to look at teams who have been successful playing the 4-2-3-1, my first thought is Man City, I appreciate they are Prem champs and Champions league regulars but we need to convert that style to the Championship.

Aguero is outstanding, he's a constant threat, why?

Because he's busy and nippy rather than being all about pace, his movement is intelligent and gives players like Silva an option between defenders.

He brings others in and he creates his own chances, this is what we need but at Championship level, can Gary Hooper be the Championships Aguero??

I thought you were describing Stevie May for a minute,intelligent runs and can bring others in to the attack.

Anyone know what went wrong at Norwich?

This lad was getting touted for England once upon a time and when he was snapped up it seemed a great signing.

Suppose that other bloke (Van Wolfswinkel) flopped too.

Anyone know what went wrong at Norwich?

This lad was getting touted for England once upon a time and when he was snapped up it seemed a great signing.

Suppose that other bloke (Van Wolfswinkel) flopped too.

Nothing went wrong for Norwich.

He was banging them in for Celtic. In the Scottish League. Stevie May was a world beater up there. Enough said.

Would be a good signing I believe, but he's not an awesome striker at this level.

He scored regularly at this level when at Scunthorpe.

Are we saying that the Championship has moved on since then?

I was more referring to your point about being touted for an England cap. Nowhere near good enough for that, scoring goals in a poor League probably made him look better than he was.

Sure he'd score goals for us, but you do have to ask why he couldn't hold down a starting place in Norwich's side last season for a player who has previously scored regularly in this league.

I was more referring to your point about being touted for an England cap. Nowhere near good enough for that, scoring goals in a poor League probably made him look better than he was.

Sure he'd score goals for us, but you do have to ask why he couldn't hold down a starting place in Norwich's side last season for a player who has previously scored regularly in this league.

Yeah, I was saying he was England quality.

Point was that his performances, rightly or wrongly, was getting him that sort of attention.

Perhaps too much time in the Scottish Pub League has hindered his development.

Can i just ask why this jontheowl66 fella keeps negging anyone who says it'll be a great signing? i've been plussing a few of them to restore parity haha.

He's a butthurt member who's not allowed to post any more.

Hi Jon

Yes. Bring back jto. And grey haired owl and that feckin loon who lived behind dave Allan and used to watch him in his conservatory. Oh and the four bills and that crazy American loon. Owlstalk was fun then