Hooper

Cost the Chairman, not the fans. There is no way at all that the season tickets sales, and match day ticket sales (plus other fan income) will equal what we have spent of transfer and loan fees, agents fees and player wages this season. So why do people want to know where the money is being spent? We aren't auditors. I just don't get the fasination, altough I acknowledge others do.

There is way too much talk about money in football and it has spolied the game.

So do you think there is no link between income and spending power (giving consideration to FFP), and if there is then why wouldn't people want to know how much is being spent and on who (giving consideration to our previous financial difficulties)?

So do you think there is no link between income and spending power (giving consideration to FFP), and if there is then why wouldn't people want to know how much is being spent and on who (giving consideration to our previous financial difficulties)?

I didn't suggest there wasn't a link, but income isn't just fan based. I know people might be concerned with our past financial mismanagement, and rightly so, but I really cannot see the same thing happening with this guy. If it does, then what can we do or could we have done to stop it? Nothing at all, either way. So why even worry about it. That's the point I am making.

I believe the price we pay will set an expectation, and that expectation will be based on the price, as well as other equally ridiculous things that some fans pick up on like FIFA and FM player stats, and YouTube highlights. Of course, true stats on a player will also have a very big bearing on expectations, but at least that is an accurate way of judging a players abilities. Price isn't, and there is too much fascination with money in the game in my opinion and I do not think it is healthy. Knowing some of our fans, if we paid £5M for Hooper and he didn’t score a hundred and forty twelve goals this season, he would be a failure, because he cost £5M. I personally think we need to break this mentality.