Lucas Joao

When Abramovich took over at Chelsea, and they wanted a player, they would bid for 3 or 4 in the same position, knowing full well who they really wanted. The idea was that the selling club would panic at the thought of losing the sale, and agree to sell. A large element of bluff on Chelsea's part, but meant thehpy didn't overpay for players, more than they wanted to. Quite clever really.

Let's hope this is what's happening!

Based on the players we've been linked with, it seems we're after a tall, powerful centre forward who can play upfront on his own. I'd like to think we've got a clear number one target in mind who we think we can get for a price we're happy to pay, rather than trying our luck with a number of acceptable options.

Guest DeGryse

Reminds me of Shola Ameobi. Gangly long legs with a decent touch one minute and the deftness of an elephant the next! Surely better options.

He looks exactly like the sort of striker we need.

Fast as feck, strong and pretty skillful for a big lad. Of course, my opinion is based entirely on the few mins of his highlight reel that I watched.  lol

Why don't you try looking somewhere other than Wikipedia? Just a tip.

He played 30 games last season, scoring 6 and making 7 assists.

Did he? No idea, I did say going off wiki i kno its not always accurate but i aint bothered about scrolling through loads of sites for every player we are linked with

Not sure what to think of him . the 2.4mil will be euros so around 1.5mil is not bad

Reminds me of Shola Ameobi. Gangly long legs with a decent touch one minute and the deftness of an elephant the next! Surely better options.

Yeah, although Sammy Ameobi is probably a better comparison. This guy looks somewhat quicker and stronger though

Did he? No idea, I did say going off wiki i kno its not always accurate but i aint bothered about scrolling through loads of sites for every player we are linked with

Not sure what to think of him . the 2.4mil will be euros so around 1.5mil is not bad

Transfermarkt is literally the second website given on a google search for "Lucas Joao" on google chrome, it's not like you have to scroll through much  :biggrin:

Hard to tell really- clearly young and got promise. It's not really fair to judge him on anything but last season, because the season before last he made 16 appearances but "only" averaged 30 minutes per appearance which suggests a lot of uses as a sub. Last season based on minutes played he averaged a goal every 3 and a half games and an assist at the same rate. Which isn't bad for a 21 year old at a level that isn't too dissimilar to the Championship. 

Another striker that scuffs his shots...that's all we need.

all I want is a striker who can hit the ball with accuracy and power or finesse from in and around the 18 yard box.

My first thought too...and remember these are the highlights!

I don't know anything about him, other than the stuff I've just read. Taking a punt on a raw talent, who seems to have enough natural attributes, is what I'd like us to do. He seems like an equivalent to Benik Afobe, and how much would he cost now? That's what big clubs do, they look for talent they can bring on, not just taking the those who are unlikely to get any better.

Guest wilyfox

Good fun though...£2.4m bid for Joao, €2.5m offer for Hennings. Like Vulva said, doubt either are true. We're probably playing silly beggars.