Kirkland NOT re-signing

You missed my point, I've no complaints having Westwood as a high earner, but the back up too?

Ah no, I didn't think u were complaining. I was just saying I thought it was money well spent.

Don't we have at least two very highly rated young keepers, one of whom was apparently outstanding, on loan at Barnsley last season? Surely it's better to develop our younger players, rather than have a senior keeper who's quite content to warm the bench and play the odd cup game, and stopping the progress of those younger players, as was the case with Kirkland last season. I wish him luck, as I do all ex players, but I won't lose any sleep over the fact he's leaving

I'd have thought sitting one on the bench behind Westwood it more likely to stop the progress of our academy keepers' development. They'll be much better off playing first team football in League One on loan.

http://bit.ly/1H3G701

Chris Kirkland has opted to seek pastures new having declined a one-year contract extension at Hillsborough.

After much soul searching given his ties to the club, the popular goalkeeper will leave S6 in pursuit of a fresh challenge that he hopes will offer regular first team football.

He told swfc.co.uk: “This has been a really tough decision and one that I have mulled over through the summer but I have decided to move on.

“I want a new challenge at this stage of my career. Everyone loves to play first team football and I am no different.

“I came back to the club this week to do things the right way, which is in person because I have a lot of friends at this football club who deserve full respect.

“I would like to thank all the staff who have been so supportive in my three years with Wednesday and wish the new head coach and the new chairman nothing but the very best.

“And, of course, I would like to thank the fans, who have been different class and I hope to see them at the other end of the field soon.”

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Chris for his services and wish him well for the future.

Who was it now who said he'd signed last week!

Oh yes, it was you!

Guest Deleted member

http://bit.ly/1H3G701

Chris Kirkland has opted to seek pastures new having declined a one-year contract extension at Hillsborough.

After much soul searching given his ties to the club, the popular goalkeeper will leave S6 in pursuit of a fresh challenge that he hopes will offer regular first team football.

He told swfc.co.uk: “This has been a really tough decision and one that I have mulled over through the summer but I have decided to move on.

“I want a new challenge at this stage of my career. Everyone loves to play first team football and I am no different.

“I came back to the club this week to do things the right way, which is in person because I have a lot of friends at this football club who deserve full respect.

“I would like to thank all the staff who have been so supportive in my three years with Wednesday and wish the new head coach and the new chairman nothing but the very best.

“And, of course, I would like to thank the fans, who have been different class and I hope to see them at the other end of the field soon.”

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Chris for his services and wish him well for the future.

This can't be right

Lincolnowl says the club pulled the plug

I think he was gonna sign when we thought were gonna get rid of Westwood. We changed out minds. So has he...

Just guessing and probably way off.

From what I heard it wasn't us who changed our minds and not sure if the minds been changed fully

Guest Ellis Rimmer

Was in tears at Middlewood yesterday.

Wish him all the best, a true professional

how do you know that lol. what was he crying about?