Kirkland NOT re-signing

All the best in your next venture Chris Kirkland.

Thank you for giving your all for SWFC.

Hope you make a good choice of club.

Ha ha

Sounds like he is going golfing.

Edited by MAL

http://bit.ly/1H3G701

Chris Kirkland has opted to seek pastures new having declined a one-year contract extension at Hillsborough.

After much soul searching given his ties to the club, the popular goalkeeper will leave S6 in pursuit of a fresh challenge that he hopes will offer regular first team football.

He told swfc.co.uk: “This has been a really tough decision and one that I have mulled over through the summer but I have decided to move on.

“I want a new challenge at this stage of my career. Everyone loves to play first team football and I am no different.

“I came back to the club this week to do things the right way, which is in person because I have a lot of friends at this football club who deserve full respect.

“I would like to thank all the staff who have been so supportive in my three years with Wednesday and wish the new head coach and the new chairman nothing but the very best.

“And, of course, I would like to thank the fans, who have been different class and I hope to see them at the other end of the field soon.”

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Chris for his services and wish him well for the future.

Good luck Chris. Definately Toytown bound unfortunately.

So we've room for another foreigner...let the search begin!

Aint that Shrewsbury keeper foreign ?

Sorry if popes dead, only just working my way through this thread...

Best wishes CK, a brilliant keepsr that was there when we needed him (and maybe him / us) always a sad time to see a good, probably loyal player moving on, reminds me of Pressman going...

Can't help but feel that Kirkland's done us a favour here, really think injuries have caught up with him and he's past his best now.

We don't need to be paying 10k a week for our reserve goalie either.

Eh, how can you say his injuries have caught up with him ? Seriously ?

He's been back up all season and has been a terrific servant to the club, at least you could show some respect.

I Guess with your comment re fees it just shows the level of mintedness you now accept we have...

Eh, how can you say his injuries have caught up with him ? Seriously ?

He's been back up all season and has been a terrific servant to the club, at least you could show some respect.

I Guess with your comment re fees it just shows the level of mintedness you now accept we have...

He let in a number of soft goals towards the back end of his first season, why do you think Westwood was signed in the first place?

My comment regarding his wages has got roger all to do with our "mintedness" and everything to do with the fact that we don't need to be paying big wages to a bloke who will be sat on the bench every week.

As for your "show some respect" comment, untwist your knickers you plant pot, I've hardly shagged his wife then wiped my knob on the curtains.

He let in a number of soft goals towards the back end of his first season, why do you think Westwood was signed in the first place?

My comment regarding his wages has got roger all to do with our "mintedness" and everything to do with the fact that we don't need to be paying big wages to a bloke who will be sat on the bench every week.

As for your "show some respect" comment, untwist your knickers you plant pot, I've hardly shagged his wife then wiped my knob on the curtains.

Ooh that's so nice to see some of your class coming out, how many seasons has Kirkland had with us and you quote a few soft goals in his FIRST season, have you forgot (or did you ever know) he often he was our player of the month, he kept us in so many games, yes Westwood is probably a better keeper (at least he was last season) but Kirkland was a bluddy good keeper before Westwood came here and he probably would still have been the second best in the Championship last year.

But then you're just a feckin muppet - idiot !

Apologies go to Kermitt, miss Piggy, Gonzo, et al... Sorry to have put you in the same class as this feckin numpty..

Just telling the truth right now that's what we are. Kirkland is better than that (a bench warmer) I'd expect him to stay in this league

Aah, that's better lol, totally agree with you re Kirkland, he is better and deserves more than being a bench warmer, if he's left us to get first team football so be it, I would be upset (not that it matters) if we wern't offering him his going rate and that some proper tinpot club can..

I also believe we could have managed things better recently but we now have a guy in charge of the first team so we should get behind him until proven otherwise...

Also, Wednesday are never Tinpot, we are a club of STEEL !

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

We've been tinpot for 15 years through very poor financial management. Nothing has changed yet......very much hoping it's going to change now. Let's wait and see

Sorry, we may have to agree to disagree but the club has not been Tinpot, yes we have had poor management, and some of that management has been VERY Tinpot but fortunately the clubs good name has by and large remained intact.

I truly believe that Wednesday still has a good name within football, many other supporters still want to come to Hillsborough despite all the off field shenanigans, we may not currently be the MASSIVE club we all aspire to but we are still seen as a "force" or name in English football.

Be proud, not embarrased, stand up straight and feel proud, you support one of (actually the very) best club in the world !

But Goh, it's hard at times innit ?

lol

We have a decent fan base but we are no longer a force in English football. 15 years outside the premiership has seen to that.

I think we all got excited by the takeover lets just hope it brings better times

Cheer up ya miserable old bugg€r, smile for now, we'll probably be upset again in September, it's the Wednesday way, innit?

lol lol lol

Note: I can't believe I'm posting like this, I'm normally the miserable one !

WTF:

Edited by Captain Sl-OWL-ly

We've been tinpot for 15 years through very poor financial management. Nothing has changed yet......very much hoping it's going to change now. Let's wait and see

Yet you're the one expecting us to spend £££ again, can you remember how much we were paying players back in the day, average players at that?

Goodbye and thank you CK. You've been nothing but a model professional while here. Best of luck at the club that secures your signature. Definitely good enough to be a starter in this league.

Struggling to see why folk can't just say thank you, and we move on. Too many aholes in the world these days trying to big themselves up at the expense of someone else.