Next manager thread....

if indeed we have missed out on Petrescu and are shooting in the dark , and that's what it looks like to me , do we think DC will be on the phone to Milan begging his advice/contacts ?

Who's a mandaric appointment out of the current available names ?

He resigned is post yesterday.

Coincidence?

Doubt it will happen.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33102675

The 28-year-old decided during the season to stand down in the summer for family reasons.

He has returned to his native Dundee after helping guide Valencia to fourth place in La Liga.

Cathro has been linked with the managerial vacancy at Rangers but is not currently considering offers from any clubs.

Edited by Greeton

FWIW the way i see this, is, Chansiri wants bums on seats, and in boxes, at the new prices, we need to sell tickets, sponsorship, and advertising, the new manager has to be a name, and a statement of intent for this to happen, Gray simply went because he was no such thing

This whole dislike and fear of the 'committee' is annoying. Basically lots of clubs as Ibbo says already implememt this and it's a successful model. I think the word comittee was used to pretty much dumb it down for some of our supporters so they could easily understand the new hierarchy and system (hierarchy maybe not the best word as it doesn't seem people on the comittee are ranked above or below each other). Instead of installing calm it appears to have had the opposite effect with some fans. Too many always fear the worst, which is understandable given our recentl history. In reality we are just catching up other clubs. I see it as a positve.

If we took away the word comittee and didn't use a single word to describe our new setup I bet there wouldn't be half the panic.

As appointment will be one of Head Coach maybe Jimmy Floyd would be worth considering.

Young, successful at lower level, football pedigree excellent and his lack of managerial experience would not

be such a disadvantage given that he would be working under the guidance of the committee.

Others I would  consider  -  Gus Poyet,  Roberto DM, or David Moyes.