Next manager thread....

Big Sam would be a manager of experience that's achieved Premiership stability at clubs which is what we'll need if that's the DC plan.

When did SWFC last attract a manager that other teams would have wanted - not for donkeys years since Big Ron !!!!

So hopefully this is a turn for the better with SWFC recruiting managers & players ahead of other clubs thanks to DC's cash.

Warburton or many others wouldn't be capable of handling premiership budgets and players IMO.

What he achieved at WHU was perfect for what we need if we have a buzzing year and get play off promotion.

DeMatteo under the radar wouldn't be a bad pick ???

SG - did a job and we are all thankful, but looking at the home form last season he wasn't the man to kick on to build a premiership team. I'm thinking that SG's proposals were probably so underwhelming that DC thought sorry n thanks but your not the future.

Guest trusty_left_peg

He's in Norway working wonders at a small club. Said to be wanting a new challenge at a bigger club in a bigger league.

Interesting, looking at their table he seems to have done well so far!

Edited by trusty_left_peg

Lots of posters keep saying a "Football Committee" is a "odd" managerial structure.

Well I don't know how many times i have to state this....

Its used extensively across the entire continent.  

Spurs use it. WBA Use it and a LOT of PL clubs have tried to implement the structure. 

Southampton use it. Keoman is Head coach. 

Lots of top sides in our league use it. 

Can we stop saying having a "head coach" is odd. 

Its not. Its just that SWFC are about 20 years behind all other clubs. 

Not sure I've heard of sides that have a committee

We're run by a sporting and technical director and beneath him are the scouting, academy and recruitment etc.

The problem with having a committee is the lack of figurehead and the total difference of opinion.

I'm not sure I'd want 3 sporting directors at my club - which is effectively what Wednesday have

Guest _Ibbo_

Not sure I've heard of sides that have a committee

We're run by a sporting and technical director and beneath him are the scouting, academy and recruitment etc.

The problem with having a committee is the lack of figurehead and the total difference of opinion.

I'm not sure I'd want 3 sporting directors at my club - which is effectively what Wednesday have

thats the sort of structure SWFC are trying to implemented. 

but we don't have the foundations in place, so we form a "sporting board" 1st to allow the system to bed in. 

The head coach reports into this. Similar to how WBA, Spurs etc work. 

thats the sort of structure SWFC are trying to implemented. 

but we don't have the foundations in place, so we form a "sporting board" 1st to allow the system to bed in. 

The head coach reports into this. Similar to how WBA, Spurs etc work. 

We're not similar though.

If the head coach has a problem which member of the committee does he go to?

or does he pick straws from a hat?

If you have one man - you're accountable to that man. You can form a relationship and understanding with that man. That man can make his own decisions without dissenting voices from others.

I think a committee of some sort is a good idea - but I don't think its a good idea when you appoint to many chefs.

Guest SolihullOwl

My understanding is that the committee has a technical director, head coach, scouting director, financial advisor and youth development.

It appears simple really but people over complicate it. Technical director sets out stall for the philosophy of the football and type of players needed to fulfill it. Head coach coaches those players within the perimeter set and uses tactics to match. He reports back the capabilities of his squad to technical director. Technical director refers to youth development to identify anyone coming through who can add to first team. Technical director instructs scout to report on players that match philosophy. Technical director refers to financial director to work out packages to sign players of interest. Players are put to coach as to who he prefers that are affordable who meet criteria. Negotiations carried out with other clubs and the players to sign. Head coach trains and picks players for match day.

The fact we have called it a committee makes it no different to most other clubs except we've formalised the process and given it a transparent structure.

If DC is as ambitious as he says he is , then for me it has to be either Big Sam or Jukanavic . 

Sam has a history of getting teams promoted to prem and keeping them there and Jukanavic has just taken Watford up when no one fancied them to go up. 

We are going to be extremely underwhelmed. We are limiting ourselves with this committee sirrationa. We should bin them all these advisors get a proper manager and let him rebuild top to bottom and do it however he wants but it has to be someone who impresses the owner, fans and players. The job would be 1000 time more attractive.