Next manager thread....

I'd expect the new man in next week and a flurry of transfer activity next month....don't understand all the negativity!?

We have a strong management structure with some experienced football people at the helm and DC bankrolling them, let them do their jobs and im sure we will all be happy campers come the start of the season...

UTO

If Nixon is right, and it will be someone obscure, maybe they won't be having much imput into who we sign. For a start, most people believe that we already have our signings lined up, in fact Nixon commented that on how impressive our targets were. If that were the case, then changing the coach at the eleventh hour, was not as big a risk as some may have feared.

If it's a coach who won't be having much input in who we sign, I'll be concerned. Who would be identifying targets? Glenn Roeder?

God help us if he is.

Guest trusty_left_peg

If it's a coach who won't be having much input in who we sign, I'll be concerned. Who would be identifying targets? Glenn Roeder?

God help us if he is.

Probably a mix of the three committee members. Paul Senior was chief scout at Charlton and Spurs too.

Foreign, used to working within a Head Coach / DoF / Sporting Committee environment. Possibly unknown by the majority of Owlstakers but this won't stop us pulling out all sorts of data and opinions on him immediately, pointing out why he is brilliant / the biggest mistake ever.

And he will be appointed quite soon and have a nice smile. And be followed by some interesting foreign signings, one of whom will be Scandinavian.

Just guessing like.

Been told by the same guy that told me in January, we would be getting a new foreign manager, that it's going to be a surprise appointment. Also expecting a few other significant changes/announcements next week.

He knows two people who claim to have been involved in the financing of the deal to buy us.

Guest trusty_left_peg

Steve Bleasdale for me , worked well with a DOF at Posh

Big Ron Manager, what a programme.

"When it's a battle...YOU F*CKING BATTLE!"

Guest trusty_left_peg

Bob Bradley...

Strangely one that I thought of too. Is he still Egypt coach or has he left?

Guest _Ibbo_

Lots of posters keep saying a "Football Committee" is a "odd" managerial structure.

Well I don't know how many times i have to state this....

Its used extensively across the entire continent.  

Spurs use it. WBA Use it and a LOT of PL clubs have tried to implement the structure. 

Southampton use it. Keoman is Head coach. 

Lots of top sides in our league use it. 

Can we stop saying having a "head coach" is odd. 

Its not. Its just that SWFC are about 20 years behind all other clubs. 

Lots of posters keep saying a "Football Committee" is a "odd" managerial structure.

Well I don't know how many times i have to state this....

Its used extensively across the entire continent.  

Spurs use it. WBA Use it and a LOT of PL clubs have tried to implement the structure. 

Southampton use it. Keoman is Head coach. 

Lots of top sides in our league use it. 

Can we stop saying having a "head coach" is odd. 

Its not. Its just that SWFC are about 20 years behind all other clubs. 

This, this, a thousand times this.

Expecting one person to not only coach the first team, prepare for matches and manage on the touchline but also to do all his own scouting, transfer and contract negotiations is frankly insane

Guest Darth Sturrock

Whoever the new guy is, I suspect he will be announced fairly quickly.

The new guy could be somebody who's just become available.

OR, Stuart Gray found out they were after someone else, and decided to confront them over it....... all will be revealed......