Next manager thread....

This has all been a bit much for me, got in from the pub and this was already eight pages long, and I didn't even know he'd been sacked. Think I'll check in tomorrow morning to see if the bookies have narrowed it down a bit. Plenty who I wouldn't like, but can't seem to find one that captures the imagination. Hopefully it will be an overseas coach, who'll get us playing a bit of football.

Depends how much of the Petrescu stuff you believe.  Nixon (I know, I know...) said he was a self-publicist, who has used supposed interest from other clubs in the past (did the same with Forest) to get himself a better deal when negotiating elsewhere.  Could quite easily have done the same with us this time.  We may have enquired about him, but whether we offered him anything is a real unknown.  So I wouldn't be too hasty to assume he was our first choice, and that whoever we get in must be 'worse' than Petrescu etc.

Depends how much of the Petrescu stuff you believe.  Nixon (I know, I know...) said he was a self-publicist, who has used supposed interest from other clubs in the past (did the same with Forest) to get himself a better deal when negotiating elsewhere.  Could quite easily have done the same with us this time.  We may have enquired about him, but whether we offered him anything is a real unknown.  So I wouldn't be too hasty to assume he was our first choice, and that whoever we get in must be 'worse' than Petrescu etc.

Parts of what you have written remind me of the Petrescu transfer to Chelsea

Paul Scholes anyone? 

No thanks.

If we're going to go down the route of famous PL or European players

then I'd suggest the likes of Laudrup, Zola or Bergkamp. To build for the future with.

Preferably though to greater stand a chance of delivering the instant success the ambitious Chansiri craves

then ideally the best available candidate in my opinion is Big Fat Sam. Just not sure we'll be able to attract him here though, sadly.

It's more likely we'll end up with some foreign former PL star or European star, who are inexperienced but working their way up the managerial ladder.

Edited by MilansMissingMarbles

They're all wrong. Nobody mentioned Jurgen Klopp yet. He's kicking around. Another industrial city with a 'sleeping giant' etc...

Be gutted with sh!t on a stick footy big Sam. Rather keep Gray

Carver has no chance. He shouldn't be anywhere near our radar.

He might be close to our Roeder, though!

Let's hope not.

Of all the names mentioned so far, Laudrup stands out as a quality candidate who could work as part of our committee. He could be out of our league, though.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem