Kyle Dempsey

As I've told my eager 13yr old son (who tells me we're linked to someone different every few days) there is no point even commenting on players we are "linked to" because now the press know we have money we will be linked to anyone with two legs who can vaguely kick a ball over the coming months.

Pointless exercise IMO. Exciting times though, thank you Mr Prawn man ;) UTO :)

To be fair, we got linked with every Tom, wee pipe and Harry when we were skint lol Edited by Blueblood

aren't Forest still under some sort of transfer restrictions. I know the embargo was lifted but i'm sure something is still in place? Think what we have to guard against is buying players possibly ex Prem coming towards the end of their career and just looking for that final easy gig with a decent payday.

aren't Forest still under some sort of transfer restrictions. I know the embargo was lifted but i'm sure something is still in place? Think what we have to guard against is buying players possibly ex Prem coming towards the end of their career and just looking for that final easy gig with a decent payday.

I read that if they don't register a player until January they can sign a replacement and they where considering not registering assombolonga because of his injury and that would mean they can buy a new striker.

I'm sure you posted about how they were raving about his use of the ball or something

Commentators on Carlisle's version of WW in one game I listened to raved how his first touch and vision are class above anyone else on the pitch, and it is shame has team mates are not on the same wave length that he is.

Their fans thought how he doesn't fit well in team scraping for their lives at the bottom of League Two.

I read that if they don't register a player until January they can sign a replacement and they where considering not registering assombolonga because of his injury and that would mean they can buy a new striker.

If thats true, then really what is the point of FFP and transfer embargoes?

Have they even paid us and Peterborough fully yet, for Antonio and Assombolonga?

Madness and Leeds too, talking about signing numerous players, after their embargo and troubles off the field with Cellino.

Plus the FL not doing anything regards QPR who broke the FFP rules to get promoted, and will probly just get away with a fine which they can cover with their parachute payments.

It's crazy. If everyone else can get away with it, then we should just spend whatever we can or want in order to get promoted and get the mad promotion money and TV money.

No, we have Sp***ed millions on players who were supposed to be the finished product over the last 20 years and they have consistently let us down.

At 19 he could certainly fit into the development squad/ 1st team squad category.

Guest ka58

While ago though wasn't it. Apart from Lee can't think of many in more recent times.

Only 30 years - things are just the same..........

Went to watch a young lad who we met on Holiday, play for Carlisle against Rotherham under18's a few years ago! Dempsey was the stand out player that day. He will make a good living in the game! Don't think he is championship material yet.

We don't even know what our wage structure is yet? do you know Forests? they spent big last season and finished below us, I really can't see them going that way this season.

He has a point about wages, Forest gave antonio, assombalonga, burke and the rest of the new signings 25k a week.

If thats true, then really what is the point of FFP and transfer embargoes?

Have they even paid us and Peterborough fully yet, for Antonio and Assombolonga?

Madness and Leeds too, talking about signing numerous players, after their embargo and troubles off the field with Cellino.

Plus the FL not doing anything regards QPR who broke the FFP rules to get promoted, and will probly just get away with a fine which they can cover with their parachute payments.

It's crazy. If everyone else can get away with it, then we should just spend whatever we can or want in order to get promoted and get the mad promotion money and TV money.

Was saying on the radio the other day that QPR's fine could be as high as £158 million