Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Teams like Derby, Middlesbrough etc are on the last chance saloon they can't maintain the spending for ever, Bent is apparently on 50k a week that isn't sustainable for championship clubs!

Crazy money - I can't see Bent returning that sort of investment. Even in arguably the best team in the league (on paper) I can't see him being the leagues top scorer.

In fact I'm unsure he'll be in top 5 and whoever our main forward will be id expect to out score him. Just think he's lost his desire/passion.

I can only see Jones, and possibly Murray, as suitable front man candidates who might be available for loan. There may be others, who might be available at the right price, but certainly would not be loaned. We could probably pick up a Premier League youngster, but another youngster is not what we need right now. Might it be worth looking abroad again, the prices seem so much more reasonable? If we could find another like Sougou, but someone to lead the line, that might give us time to introduce Joao gradually. Maybe a veteran striker like Postiga could do with a last pay day. I don't necessarily mean him, but someone with bags of experience, who could guide the younger players along. We may be focussing too much on trying to find an experienced championship striker, they are either not available, the wrong kind, or too expensive

Guest wilyfox

Northampton sign former UCD, Tranmere & Carlsile midfielder Paul Corry on a 1 year deal from Sheffield Wednesday, Subject to a medical

Crazy money - I can't see Bent returning that sort of investment. Even in arguably the best team in the league (on paper) I can't see him being the leagues top scorer.

In fact I'm unsure he'll be in top 5 and whoever our main forward will be id expect to out score him. Just think he's lost his desire/passion.

He scored 10 in 11 starts last season on loan with Derby? I wonder how many he'd score if he gave a poo poo.

I can only see Jones, and possibly Murray, as suitable front man candidates who might be available for loan. There may be others, who might be available at the right price, but certainly would not be loaned. We could probably pick up a Premier League youngster, but another youngster is not what we need right now. Might it be worth looking abroad again, the prices seem so much more reasonable? If we could find another like Sougou, but someone to lead the line, that might give us time to introduce Joao gradually. Maybe a veteran striker like Postiga could do with a last pay day. I don't necessarily mean him, but someone with bags of experience, who could guide the younger players along. We may be focussing too much on trying to find an experienced championship striker, they are either not available, the wrong kind, or too expensive

Javier Saviola.

Make it happen DC

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

He scored 10 in 11 starts last season on loan with Derby? I wonder how many he'd score if he gave a poo poo.

My mate who works with their Academy said that Bent and Imce both came in with an attitude that they were better than everyone else and split the dressing room. Said that the manager didn't have the balls to control these 2's attitudes and tried to hard to be their friends rather than their boss! Needless to say that they started one or two arguments. Was surprised when they both went back! Maybe the change in management was a factor for Derby

Javier Saviola.

Make it happen DC

Bizarrely, I saw a fair bit of him playing for Malaga, where he was class despite his best days being behind him Even more bizarrely, he often played up front as the lone striker, all five foot nothing of him. (He was actually taller than that, but I'll suited to leading the line)

Guest wilyfox

Coke may do well there, same for Maghoma at Birmingham. Depends how they respond to the change and new direction in each case.