Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

Guest wilyfox

Never thought I'd be saying this but our forward options look to be among the best in this division.

Eh? Nah uh, not yet.

Never thought I'd be saying this but our forward options look to be among the best in this division.

Nuhiu, May, Bus, Lavery and Joao? Hmm, plenty of potential, but at the moment, way off being the best in the division. A couple of decent strikers could change all that though

I think if you include forward options to be all attacking midfielders, then I'd agree with you (McGugan, Lopez, Matias, Wallace plus whoever our striker is).

But if you just include the front "3", it's still streets behind others in this league

Guru has remained consistent that strikers alone will make all the difference.

IMO we need consider [and as we have seen] that anyone baring the holding midfielder and Westwood can significantly contribute in the Carlos formula.

We should see a more even spread of goals rather than relying on a 50M quid dangerman...

I wonder if we are going to see the sort of deals that were talked about earlier A lot was made, by journalists, and the odd rival manager, about what we were going to do in the transfer market. More than once it was hinted that we would be amazed at some of the targets we were supposed to be pursuing. Well, so far, it's been a lot more low key than that, interesting, certainly, but hardly ground breaking stuff. Of course there's still time for us to make a splash, and the signing of Joao was an interesting one, but so far, there's been no indication that we are ready to compete with the top clubs, when it comes to transfer fees.

You do realise that Matias was ranked 17th in world football last season based on goals in top flight leagues. The golden boot or shoe contest?

As a winger that's pretty spectacular and the fee nor plaudits of signing him have been very downplayed. If we had spent 7.5 or 10 million on him would you be more excited?

Is it purely that fee is under 2.5m that makes you underwhelmed as I for one am hugely excited that we have a player ranked at that level, scoring just shy of Jackson Martinez and for 20m less....

Guru has remained consistent that strikers alone will make all the difference.

IMO we need consider [and as we have seen] that anyone baring the holding midfielder and Westwood can significantly contribute in the Carlos formula.

We should see a more even spread of goals rather than relying on a 50M quid dangerman...

Yeah, if it all goes to plan we could see a decent number of goals from each of Nuhiu, Lavery, Bus, Joao, McGugan, and Matias, never mind any additional players. I may be wrong but I assume May will be the casualty when players start to leave.

You do realise that Matias was ranked 17th in world football last season based on goals in top flight leagues. The golden boot or shoe contest?

As a winger that's pretty spectacular and the fee nor plaudits of signing him have been very downplayed. If we had spent 7.5 or 10 million on him would you be more excited?

Is it purely that fee is under 2.5m that makes you underwhelmed as I for one am hugely excited that we have a player ranked at that level, scoring just shy of Jackson Martinez and for 20m less....

Oops my mistake actually tied 23rd with some loser called lewandowski- http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3

Wonder if anyone else we play this year has someone off the list in their teams??

I think he may prove to be an excellent signing, but there are other factors to weigh up, not just goals. Why, if there was nothing between him and Martinez, was the latter so sought after, and able to command such a big fee?

Oops my mistake actually tied 23rd with some loser called lewandowski- http://www.eurotopfoot.com/gb/soulierdor.php3

Wonder if anyone else we play this year has someone off the list in their teams??

He's a fantastic prospect, especially if he can pick up a few more assists... something his game appears to lack a little according to stats.

Strange that he feels a little under the radar

Edited by POWP

Come on now, he is £20m less because Jackson Martinez is a proven International and Champions League goalscorer