Official Summer 2015 Transfer Rumours Megathread

We face 'competition' from the pigs for hooper its only adkins link thats giving the story its legs the pigs are no competition of ours any more just a poor little league1 side

Hooper will be way over anyone's budget in that league, nor would he lower himself to that league.

They have more chance getting Sharp in, and even then I'd reckon they would be punching above their weight with him.

Edited by FlyingOwl

If they want more than £10m I'd leave it. Its a crazy price for a player who has never played above Championship level. I'm sure you could get Wickham for £10m & he's more suited to the system we're going to play.

There are also cheaper alternatives we could persue to spread the responsibility. Andre Gray being a good one

This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What makes you so sure we won't?

There's plenty of ways you can pay someone £12m without paying it all at once. While it seems very unlikely, I wouldn't rule it out completely. Wages are more likely to be the main issue.

Seriously.

Chansiri said that he'd be spending wisely and carefully. 12 million on a player at this level goes against that completely.

Plus step back for a minute and besides some stupid rumours on here it's just a ridiculous thought. We don't have parachute payments, we've not spent that much so far and it's 12 million pounds for christ sake.

Let's have a reality check and not get carried away

Edited by SallyCinnamon

Said it before the days when we were signing the likes of JOC, it was easy to do deals. No other fecker wanted them. Think the next couple of signings are going to be the hardest to complete which is why we are still waiting? It will happen may just take longer than we would like. the club have shown with McGuggan that they wont be messed about, but will get the deal done.

Seriously.

Chansiri said that he'd be spending wisely and carefully. 12 million on a player at this level goes against that completely.

Plus step back for a minute and besides some stupid rumours on here it's just a ridiculous thought. We don't have parachute payments, we've not spent that much so far and it's 12 million pounds for christ sake.

Let's have a reality check and not get carried away

So you're ruling it out entirely because YOU don't think it's wise to spend that much on him?

Firstly, you (like me and everyone else) have no idea what DC considers "spending wisely". He may feel investing a large amount and buying the league's most potent striker is a wise move if he wants promotion.

Alan Biggs, who despite the flak he gets, is far more trustworthy than Nixon for example, has confirmed we have shown an interest at least.

Also there's no way they'll get £12m for him. They want the best deal so they'll throw big numbers around, but they're up poo poo creek and I'm sure will sell for considerably less in the end. Plus any deal for Rhodes will likely be structured with instalments and add ons. Certainly wouldn't be paid upfront in full.

Not saying it's likely, but it's foolish to completely rule it out at this point.

1. £12m on Rhodes

2. £10m on Wickham

3. £6-7m on Hooper

4. £5m on Andre Gray & £500k on Le Fondre

If all of those were an option at roughly those prices I'd rather take option 2 or 4. Rhodes' record at this level is phenomenol but I'm not 100% convinced he'd be suited to our new system. He'd be better with a partner.

Rhodes at £12m is highly unlikely to ever command a bigger fee. I think Gray would be the best investment value for money & age wise.

Another name I'd throw in, & I haven't seen mentioned. I don't know how likely or what the fee or wages would be but how about Victor Anichebe. Strong & mobile, could be a real hand full in the Championship

Said it before the days when we were signing the likes of JOC, it was easy to do deals. No other fecker wanted them. Think the next couple of signings are going to be the hardest to complete which is why we are still waiting? It will happen may just take longer than we would like. the club have shown with McGuggan that they wont be messed about, but will get the deal done.

There's truth in that, although last season it was, we're still waiting because we don't have any money, so we have to wait and see what's left. Seems like we can't win either way. Seriously though, Im certain we'll tie up, at least the three deals that PA referred to, sometime this week. We'll be OK I reckon

Guest wilyfox

Transfer news: Sheffield Wednesday weigh up move for Norwich striker Kyle Lafferty #norwichcityfc #ncfc #swfc hitc.com/en-gb/2015/07/…